Benelli Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Picked up my TnT Sport last week and have just fitted the Termignoni Titanium muffler. The removal and fitting was pretty easy but the supplied number plate assembly bolts were too short for the Sport.

It certainly sounds good, not too loud but with a nice note once the power valve opens.

My only real complaint so far is with the EFI. There is the occasional hiccup between 3000 - 4000 rpm and the odd stall pulling up to the lights (just like my old Guzzi!). I haven't ridden very far with the Termi fitted (bloody raining) so I can't say if any EFI issues exist.

I've also noticed a small oil leak on the RHS but this will be fixed next week.

I also got the TnT soft bags with the bike, very nice and easy to fit and remove.

The bags use two pins fitted to a plate inserted into the bag to attach to bike via two sockets. A strap is then used to tie them on.

I was also wondering what settings other Sport owners were running suspension wise. Our roads are pretty crap in places so I've backed my compression and rebound damping off to the standard settings (it was set to sport) but it's not right yet.

Cheers!

Mike
Melbourne Australia

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Hi mike, the bike looks really good, :) my suggestion would be to soften up the suspension settings for about 600-800 miles, letting everything work in, and then adjust to suit your weight/style. From experience I have found that if you don’t for the first 1500 miles you are forever adjusting :( :(
The hiccup you feel at 3000rpm is an 1130 Benelli trait I have 2 TNT’s (1 sport) and both have the hiccup even with a power commander fitted. At about 3000rpm the power valve the ignition and the fuelling are all changed via the ECU and the poor little thing can’t cope. But it’s a small price to pay for a 2 wheel rocket don’t you think. :) :clap: :)
Are you fitting a pcIII?
Where did you get the saddle bags? I like the way they keep the weight low and wouldn’t mind a set when I tour later this year….doing 7 days in the Picos Mountains in Spain.:ele:
vtxbrit

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike. The Termis are nice! Thats a good looking bike! Now get yourself in the registry! :D

·
442 Posts
G'day Mike
and welcome,i have a sport 7 months old now and 8500km,i've never
changed the setting on it,i'm a heavy bloke and i'm happy the way it's set form the factory:D i've also got the termi on it and loveing it.:clap: :D
are you going to phillip island to the sbk.

·
442 Posts
I know i'm not going all the way to Melbourne,i'm coming down the coast
way through lake's-morwell that way.
but you never know.were in mel do you live.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bike was ridden from the factory to the UK with them already fitted by the Oz Importer before being shipped out to Australia. I picked it up with a couple of thousand K's on the clock with a full warranty at a good discount.

Madwog I'm located in Ringwood which is east of Melbourne and between 1 - 2 hours from the island

·
Registered
37 Posts
Termingnoni slip-on

Hi all,
I live in Greece and am looking into replacing the stock exhaust with a Termignoni on my '06 Cafe Racer. I was told by the importer here that they are available in Aluminium (410 Euro) or Titanium (490 Euro). However, neither are street legal, they both make 103db. Has anyone found a street legal version? Cops here are getting a bit more strict than in the past.

Thanks

Mileclocker

·
3,081 Posts
Ah Greece

Cant wait to go back, :), HPE (tubistyle) make one for the TnT, not sure if its EU legal though, Devil do one I think and MIVV, and i think a few others try Maniac Motors in Germany?. Or the Italian forum. under Benelli
www.sliders.it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Many thanks Aussie RS. I'll have a look and see what else is available. If you're ever in Greece, look me up. There are only about 10 TNTs around so we're kind of hard to find.

Mileclocker

1 - 17 of 17 Posts