Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case you were thinking you made a mistake buying a Nellie instead of a 1098 .....
I've just had the insurance assessor over to check on the claim, after hitting a roo. He was comparing the cost of repairing a 1098 to the Tornado...

Swing Arm
- 1098 - $3,000
- Tornado - $1,600

Radiator
- 1098 - $4,500
- Tornado - nothing - it's nicely protected under the seat!

Frame
- 1098 - who knows ... but you'll never straighten it - it's paper thin. A bloke in northern NSW recently hit a pig (of all things), and the frame snapped at the headstem.
- Tornado - thick enough to straighten.

Wheels
- 1098 - $4,000 each?
Still can't get my head around that one. Makes BBA's set of Dymags sound cheap! BST Carbon Fibre set go for less than $5,000

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
Hey Errol I havent been on the forum for a while as work has been a bit hectic. Hope you are ok after your dance with skippy. How is the nelli is she back on the road. I thought of another good reason to own a Benelli over a 1098, This FORUM and its members

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope you are ok after your dance with skippy. How is the nelli is she back on the road.
Just a couple of bruises that are long gone now.
Nell's mechanically fine. Rode her away from the scene.
Should get approval to start fixing her in a week or so.:)

I think you've both hit the nail on the head, but from different angles. We're an exclusive bunch that pretty much has to stick together if we want to keep riding these babies.

Must admit, the laughs alone would keep me coming back here.:D

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok mate, and the tornado is on the mend. I wonder if skippy has a red GT stripe.

·
224 Posts
Instead of pricing the 1098 were Ducati would really like to sell it, instead of asking a lower price to compete with the other brands....Ducati has decided to make its money of of its parts/repaairs instead....

If you think that these new Ducati prices are high...they are right up there with MV Agusta parts prices....both are much more than the Benelli items....

Benelli is priced right there close to the Jap bikes for parts....

Sounds fair to me....

:bow:

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing the assessor was impressed with on the Tornado - the steering stops. They won't break in a hurry.
That's the first thing to go on a Duke. Apparently it's a 'pin' that's easily snapped off when the bike goes down.

·
442 Posts
And i was thinking of buying a Hypermotard as well,STUFF THAT.
good to hear you fine Errol.was that around your home area or on one of your fantastic rides.
Did Skip die i hope so.if not go back and shoot the f---er.

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did Skip die i hope so.if not go back and shoot the f---er.
Happened just outside of Canberra, on my way home late at night - and no, bugger didn't take too kindly to me lying on him & pissed off quick smart. Left some fur behind though, so he might not be too keen to camp on the road in future.

I've been thinking of carrying a shotty with me.:D
Counted 11 coming off the mountain last night. They're just the one's in my headlights.
God knows how many I didn't see!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts