Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it! After reading the below post (back in stable), I will NOT be buying the new Tre 1130 K I have been looking at. If these bikes have many issue's, and if Benelli is not going to honor claims! Then the hell with them. See you all latter.

·
Registered
403 Posts
thats it

That may have been a good decision.
problem with this forum, is that it doesnt seem to report on the non failing assets. only the bad one's, but you may just get home in 1 piece, or just get home on a jap bike.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
so all hands up who's thinks their bike is "F*CKING AWESOME" ! :D

After the problems I've had and having ironed them out and having spent a couple of days on the IOM this weekend in all kinds of weather (most of it in the same hour !) I can honestly say my Tornado did me proud ! From glorious sunshine, thick pee soup fog to Pissing down rain ! I am well proud of my Nelli !

So it's a shame you feel that way about a Benelli, but it's a passion thing ! :D

and I guess we don't hear enough good tales of Benelli's on here mainly the woes, but lets face it, thats what this forum is for, to help each other, have a laugh and praise our Passion ! :clap:

:bow:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
tornado from new 10k no probs
cafe racer 10k no probs
trek 1k no probs
le 12 miles who knows

just get them derviced and all will be cool.

have never been stranded may have run rough but got me home .

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Its a love thing and for me its part and parcel of owning something exotic :) .

Your LE is going to break down Richard !!!! , i know because all bikes i've not bought recently have had mechanical issues thereafter so its fate (either that or all the voodoo dolls/bikes i've been making and then stabbing sharp needles in ) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: .

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
thease bikes are great great and more great yes there`s been a few issues but all the bike companies have them i am quiet sure the warranty issue will improve and anyone getting 1 in the uk the dealers and importers do a great job, the importers are allways trying to improve all the raised issues to so we get satisfaction .Before i was laid up i used my bikes well usual milage 400 + miles per week all year .there have only been 2 bikes that have been able to allways put a big smile on my chops they are my buell and the trek whenever i was out .

·
Registered
290 Posts
got to agree with all the nelli owners. You buy them knowing there made from italian materials and they are likely to look like a peice of S**t in couple of years and that they are built by Luigi.

But then ride them "hard" and its like you never fell out (bit like being married):ele: :ele: :rolling: :rolling: :bow:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
There are countless stories on here that tells the same story over and over again about these bikes and how much of a smile that they put on the owners faces.
I became quite famous on here with my breakdown stories and warranty issues but what did I do after I crashed mine and wrote it off? I went and bought another:rolling: I coulda went back to owning a rice burner and there are some stunning pieces of kit out there to be had, but nothing has ever come close to owning a Benelli. You'd get a two years manufacturers warranty with a new bike so I can't see what the problem is myself.
Bad news travels a lot faster than good news and perhaps that is what has happened on this forum but you shouldn't let that put you off owning one.

Al;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yep... sadly its only when these threads are started that the good stories come out. Maybe we should all post a thread every day that we love our bikes :rolling: Like Al, I had some issues with my first Tre (though nothing like as bad!) which involved several 200 mile round trips to Bennetts. Did it put me off? Did it hell. I have now got the LE and I love her so much it hurts :rolling: Hmm did I really just say that?? Help!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Your LE is going to break down Richard !!!! , i know because all bikes i've not bought recently have had mechanical issues thereafter so its fate (either that or all the voodoo dolls/bikes i've been making and then stabbing sharp needles in ) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: .[/QUOTE]

to break down it first must be started lol

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
I have now got the LE and I love her so much it hurts :rolling: Hmm did I really just say that?? Help!
Step back from the keyboard Col .... move along folks, nothing to read here:rolling:

Al:D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
RE Richards Comment : to break down it first must be started lol

Thats precisely why i should of bought that LE and not yourself as its wasted , If you have a bike like that you should want to show it off not just sit it in your house as a trophy , I suppose you'd better watch out that Bulgarian Cleaner doesnt knock it with the hoover :rolling: :rolling: .

·
Registered
68 Posts
i loved mine BUT

i had a amazonas and loved riding it but was not prepared to call out the AA 4 times in a month and then be told thats how it is when you buy benelli,

it has put me off all things italian and i will never use kjm for as long i live,

also my old bike is for sale again with one of there other garages and i wouldn't touch it with a bardge pole

its the one i had the £1000 luggage made for

great bike just a little to soft for our weather and daily use and poor customer relation

mat

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Al's story sums up living with a Benelli - they have their issues (well some do and some dont !!)

My tornado - just approaching 10k mls and never had an issue that left me stranded - yes I have had a couple of problems with it, but nothing so major that it didnt get me home.
Find a good dealer and they will repay your trust in them by doing all they can (within reason) to get you sorted ASAP.

Would I have another - Deffo YES - however if a bike was my main mode of transport then I would have something else as a main workhorse - as well as a Benelli :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts