1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
319 Posts
Positive and negative aspects. Of course freedom (for the others, as I am western-german). I think freedom is one of the most important values in modern life, although some of people from the eastern part still think that their life was better in the past. Well, i understand them, coz they had a more protected life. For sure more careless, but also less comfortable (for my point of view). Unfortunately, the production efficiency in the eastern part is still only at 77% (1990 = 30%) from western part. Salaries are at 90% of the western level. Not what i call "fair". So, we still have to pay for some decades more....

The negative aspects are the financial. Until now, the westerns have to pay extra tax only for the rebuilding of the eastern part. Moving the administration from Bonn to Berlin was extra cost (in Billion Euro height). Especially the cost fooking Berlin costs are totally unreasonable and unnecessary. Never anything good came from Berlin in our history.

As you can see, i am typical german. Not patriotic at all :D Being patriotic always have the bad taste of being a Neo-Nazi here. So, nobody dares to say: Yes, I am proud to be german. Anyway.... we are used to this situation. I think germany´s history tells us that we don´t need to be proud of some things that happened, although almost every country have this dark spots in thir history. They just cover it and justify it as "necessary" and "right". I think that is one of our strongest character: We have been able to face our mistakes and learned from that.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
History's, history mate, now't you can do about it, I'm ENGLISH first and British second, and Proud of it, no ones perfect but it's your values that are important and finding the right balance, I'm Very Patriotic and always will be even though It grieves me to see my fellow countrymen and woman and allies being slaughtered for "holy" Wars !!!! and I have the utmost respect for them, Germany had a similar thing going in the 1930's and 40's I do believe ! :rolleyes:

So in my eyes, you should be Proud to be German, otherwise just jump on the back of a truck and come and live here, every other f*cker has, and we'll look after you as long as you don't nick our sun loungers ! ;)

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I totaly agree with hang loose (I w a s eastern german) ;) Since 1990 I´m bavarian yeah :ele:

In 1989 I was 9 years old all I remember is a nice childhood. I was to young to see the negativ things. (no free career choice, no holidaytrip where you want ect.) but I´m very happy that history happened like it is otherwise I´ve never get the chance to ride my dreambike Benelli Tornado or have other capitalistic things that make me sooo happy :clap: :clap:

One thing what I hate here in germany is like hang loose said being patriotic always have the bad taste of being a Neo-Nazi here but I believe that is our punishment for the two World Wars.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
One thing what I hate here in germany is like hang loose said being patriotic always have the bad taste of being a Neo-Nazi here but I believe that is our punishment for the two World Wars.

I dont belive anyone should feel punished for history. Gezzas. We ruled and took poeple as slaves from other country's at one point
I dont look on the Japs different to anyone else...apart from the French:D Love your country mate!

Only bad thing was when the wall came down MZ went all expensive on me, and out of my price range!:rolling:
Yeh...I had a few of them, Supa5, TS150,TS250 and a Jawa:eek: 350!:doh:​

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I dont belive anyone should feel punished for history. I dont look on the Japs different to anyone else...apart from the French:D
I think exact the same too but my ancestors started TWO World Wars in a very short time with millions of dead inocent people. That will never been forgotten. From the historical sight that is good, so nobody can do such things so easily anymore but my generation has nothing to do with these Wars.
What I would like to know, how would the world looks like without these 2 Wars or without the big British Empire in the 1920´s? You can ask such questions with every big "Event" in human history (Intesting "Mindgames" isn´t it?) ;)

Only bad thing was when the wall came down MZ went all expensive on me, and out of my price range!:rolling:
Oh I believe that, especially at the current currency exchange rate :rolling:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Having served with the Army in Germany in the late 1980s and at the time the wall came down, we wanted unification for everyone's safety.
It was a time of Cold war but when it ended the relief was great for us, it must have been just amazing for the Germans.
I have not been back there since, but would love to and see how much better it is now. Big thanks for having us over there, despite the tensions it was a very significant part of my life. Maybe one day.

Gotta agree with Klinkerstinker, no generation can be held responsible for their forebearers actions and shouldnt be expected to be either.

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
StingerWolf, I love your new avatar, it's Real Class mate ! :bow: :bow: :bow:

As regards your ancestors, life goes on, one of the recent moving things was a German prisoner of war who was kept up in Scotland recently returned to their to pledge the funds from the sale of his house to the folk in the Scottish village he was held at as respect for the way they looked after him during his POW stay, and If I remember correctly he was an officer in the SS,

You have to remember that they are brain washed into beleiving in what they were doing, much like the Radical Muslims are today, only they do it all sneaky like,

So move on matey, and be proud of what you are !

p.s. ENGLAND 5, Germany 1 was a defining moment for me ! :rolleyes:

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Buzz bombs

When poverty strikes a country very badly like it did before Hitler took power anyone would have belived his shite Nazi hype. He did make Germany powerfull again...but went a wee bit fkn mad to say the least, but then he was a thigh slapping Austrian!:confused:
As long as all of Europe communicates and works together this shte should never happen again.

Klinker;)

Yeh Rob. You aint lived mate!

Ahhh :p MZ! Pioneers of the two stroke...Naff selector forks, rumbling main bearings, the smell of petrol taps leaking and naff headlights ummmm...Think I'll try ebay, just take a quick lo...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts