Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Bloody Hell.. :doh:

Ya'll be telling me next that 'Kilts' and 'Bagpipes' are not Scottish either.. :rolling:

·
Still trying!
490 Posts
Hey it might be true ... but us Scots eat it while it is still alive! Southern softies need to cook it! :)
Mike

·
1,841 Posts
When Thomas Rawlinson, an English native invented the kilt he was english !
As for bagpipes, they originated from the middle east.:doh: :)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Whoaaaaaaa, hold on a minute!!! Your Englishman only adopted a new design for the kilt as it is worn today but we Scots went one further. Rather than spend money on a new skirt and a matching blouse we made our own from one piece of material known as the braided plaid:D I've made and worn one before and there's quite a nak to it. Bloody comfy I have to say if not a touch breezy:rolling:

Al:D

·
1,231 Posts
What the....?

Find the first reference in a book about people breathing or farting....does that mean that the first time people breathed or farted was when it was first written in a book?

NO!

It means it was the first time someone thought, hey, I should write this down...

As they say in the movie Braveheart, "History is written by those who can afford to write it down." Def not by those who actaully make history happen.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I love a bit of haggis, neeps an tatties :)
or even in BBA's modern Scottish variety battered like a big willy and deep fried .... mmmm :rolling:

p.s. I have to assume that the bagpipes history have nothing to do with blowing yer tubes ....Al?

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
bobw; said:
I love a bit of haggis, neeps an tatties :)
Neeps : turnip or swede

tatties : spuds

Anyway our national food these days is deep fried Mars bars:D

And they were invented in Stonehaven Aberdeenshire [unless some rich historian wrote about them back in the dark ages]

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Anyway our national food these days is deep fried Mars bars:D

And they were invented in Stonehaven Aberdeenshire [unless some rich historian wrote about them back in the dark ages]
Mars Bars were a Scottish Invention:confused: I'm pretty sure we're the leading pioneers in obesity and heart disease too. Jeez, I'm so proud to be a Scot:rolling:

Al:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts