Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just having a look through some of the threads here lads trying to figure out just who is going to the MotoGP this year at the park. I thought I would start a little thread just so that everything could be kept nice and tidy and maybe a place where we can figure out who is camping for the weekend, just going for the race etc etc.

So, to kick start this off .....

I'll be camping over the weekend (I think it's Thursday, Friday, saturday and Sunday but R1 convert can confirm this .... he's buying my tickets you see;))

John (R1Convert) will be there too on the same dates as me with his mate Jack. (Top bloke and looks a bit like Troy Bayliss too)

JR will be there but I'm not sure what dates.

Kurt Russell will be there but I'm not sure what dates either.

Anyone else going, then pop your name down here with the days that you'll be attending and wether or not you'll be camping. (Would be nice to get a little benelli campsite up and running where we could all give each other man hugs and stuff without all the other buggers trying to get a look in;))

Al:bow:

The List so far .....

Big Bad Al........Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
R1Convert........Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Troy Bayliss.....Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
TornadoTre......Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Kurt Russell......Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
ExJapSteve......Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Matt...............Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I'm sure JR said he was going to this too so hopefully we can add another name to the list.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Kurt (Russell) !!!!!!!!!!!

I be there Fri, Sat & of course the Sunday

Not camping tho cos i only live bout 12 miles ish away :D :D

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I'm there Friday,Sat and Sunday with my mate Matt and camping (note to self take tent pegs this year:doh: )

Hopefully with a benelli flag

Steve (pops)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I'm there Friday,Sat and Sunday with my mate Matt and camping (note to self take tent pegs this year:doh: )

Hopefully with a benelli flag

Steve (pops)
Everyone please be warned - If you are at Donny camping and your tent collapses beacuse someone has stole your tent pegs - then track down Pops - thats what he did last year I believe :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Al,
You are corect about the dates, we should be leaving on the Thursday to give ourselves time to get there and pitch tents get food and get our cargo from the local off licence (have to prioritise the order in which we do this now let me think!!!!).
Catch up with you soon to make arrangements.

Ps. Congrats on the thousand:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I couldn't go firm on this until I knew my bike was back.

Al, what are the dates?

Can you also let me know if there are any camping tickets still available (didn't you say you had a spare one?) - are these camping and access to the races, if so are they paddock tickets, when are people meeting up and do I need to take a day off work on the Friday?

If I have to book my own tickets, which one am I going for, link to the Donington Ticket Prices is.....HERE!

Let me know as I am eager to meet up!

Oh, one last question.... how do I get a 1.75 litre of Jim Beam strapped to my bike???:confused:

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Just noticed, I have just hit my 500th post.... oops, guess it's 501 now!!!:rolling:

Andy (Not really blagging posts, honest guv' you can trust me I'm a copper!)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al, what are the dates?

Can you also let me know if there are any camping tickets still available (didn't you say you had a spare one?) - are these camping and access to the races, if so are they paddock tickets, when are people meeting up and do I need to take a day off work on the Friday?

Oh, one last question.... how do I get a 1.75 litre of Jim Beam strapped to my bike???:confused:

Andy
Andy, the dates are 22nd June (Practice), 23rd (Qualifying) and the 24th for the big day itself.
I do have a ticket matey and it's camping and access to all the sessions too although there is no paddock access with these ones. (You'll be too pished anyway buddy to care about that;)) It can be yours for a measely £50.
As for the Jim beam scenario, I'm sure Laurie can manufacture something out of carbon fibre for you if you ask him nicely:rolling:

Al:D

Oh, I nearly forgot. R1Convert (John) and his Troy Bayliss lookalikey pal (Jack) and I will be there from Thursday night to set up camp.

Hopefully see you there buddy;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Andy, the dates are 22nd June (Practice), 23rd (Qualifying) and the 24th for the big day itself.
I do have a ticket matey and it's camping and access to all the sessions too although there is no paddock access with these ones. (You'll be too pished anyway buddy to care about that;)) It can be yours for a measely £50.
As for the Jim beam scenario, I'm sure Laurie can manufacture something out of carbon fibre for you if you ask him nicely:rolling:

Al:D

Oh, I nearly forgot. R1Convert (John) and his Troy Bayliss lookalikey pal (Jack) and I will be there from Thursday night to set up camp.

Hopefully see you there buddy;)
Al, PM on its way fella!

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
How about one of these Andy? (I couldn't find one in Carbon Fibre, Al) :)

Quote from the website :- "Once you've installed it on your bike you'll wonder how you did without it."!!!! :rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
How about one of these Andy? (I couldn't find one in Carbon Fibre, Al) :)

Quote from the website :- "Once you've installed it on your bike you'll wonder how you did without it."!!!! :rolling:

I've sussed it, I have a 2 litre camel back that fits inside my day sack (it has a special holder and slot for the tube to exit the bag - I could pour it into that and just pour it from the tube! Mind you, I don't think I'll be using it for the carriage of water afterwards!

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
So you didn't fancy the one I found for you then Andy. :D

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
........plus, I guess you wouldn't want to be seen dead with one of those things on your Nellie :rolling:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Annie's just brought me back 2 litres of JD back from Spain Laurie. Could you rustle up something for me in a nice anodised green to hold the falling down juice to my bike whilst I wobble my way down to Donny?:bow:

Al:bow:

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Knowing you Al, they'll both be well finished before you even set off on your trip :rolling:

If you do have any left, you could always tie the bottles on with some of this stuff. (colour might be a wee bit on the bright side though) :rolling:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Knowing you Al, they'll both be well finished before you even set off on your trip :rolling:

If you do have any left, you could always tie the bottles on with some of this stuff. (colour might be a wee bit on the bright side though) :rolling:
Laurie, my Strimmer run out of catgut at the weekend, can I borrow some of that... it looks like it could do the job!

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
The List so far .....

Big Bad Al .... Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
R1Convert ... Thurday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Troy Bayliss . Thursday, Friday,Saturday and Sunday.
Kurt Russell .. Friday, saturday and Sunday.
ExJapSteve .. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Matt ........... Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
TornadoTre .. Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Al, just looking at this list, I should be there on Thursday evening mate!

I will head up straight after work, its about 110 miles from here, so should be there around 7 ish (M1 dependant!) This will give me enough time to pitch, unload the day sack, then head out to the nearest Tesco to get a crate or two and a bottle of Morgans Spicy Rum - the Jim Beam is having to miss the races due to lack of suitable protective clothing to sit on my pillion seat!

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Update!!!!

Guys (well those of you who are going!)

I have been reliably informed that James Toseland and his band 'Crash' will be playing at the Donington Park Exhibition Centre - or whatever it is called, on Saturday night.

I've never seen or even heard them play, but aparantly they are supposed to be pretty useful - could be good for a few drinks, a sing song and a chance to locate some female company!!!!!!;)

Andy

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Guys (well those of you who are going!)

I have been reliably informed that James Toseland and his band 'Crash' will be playing at the Donington Park Exhibition Centre - or whatever it is called, on Saturday night.

I've never seen or even heard them play, but aparantly they are supposed to be pretty useful - could be good for a few drinks, a sing song and a chance to locate some female company!!!!!!;)

Andy
Besides which, looking at the weather forecast - it might be a few hours respite from the precipitation finding something made from Bricks and Mortar to stand in!:bawl:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts