Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the first step of servicing this morning was to remove the fuel tank, on which I promptly snapped the fitting on the main fuel hose, trouble is a piece broke off in the port and I've really chewed it up now. I'd rather not undo the base in case of future leaks but looks like I've no option. I'm thinking of making up something more durable and easy to connect /disconnect. Any ideas welcome
Helmet Automotive lighting Sports gear Computer cooling Personal protective equipment
Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Alloy wheel
Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
941 Posts
You have got a real problem now,
Taking the pump from the tank is not a problem, undo the fixings and the pump comes out with an O ring seal around the perimeter.
Unless you can get the bit of plastic out of the pump , you are buggered. New pump required , not cheap !!
if you can get it out you can get a new 90 degree angle to push in to the tank , one off one time fix , then create a new coupling under the tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is the 90 degree angle a universal fitting? or a specific one. I'm hoping to push the red piece in and pull the black inner out. Thanks for replying.
Wheel Automotive tire Grey Rim Wood

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm wondering if a larger barbed fitting would hold
No , it wont. Scaled reptile Snake Plant Pipe Tail This is the original fitting you had , with the banjo fitting to the fuel rail. If you fit this , you wont be able to get it back out now the clips are broken.

Hand tool Tool Metalworking hand tool Composite material Metal This is the end that fits in the tank.

Tool Cable Auto part Camera accessory Font you need this type of fitting with a coupler connecting to the fuel pipe feed to the fuel rail, you can then unplug the fuel pipe here, leaving the smooth push fit sleeve in the tank..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think the push fit sleeve will be OK without the red plastic part or clips, I'm worried about it blowing out. Also are they available separately without the hose, as I can then modify my hose. Thanks for your help Freeatlast

·
Super Moderator
7,794 Posts
Sorted. Guess what I found in the attic. :rolleyes:

Reactions: ron d
1 - 7 of 7 Posts