Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After coming back up from Brighton i thought i'd put a quick note regarding the "Benelli Fest " (quick note :rolleyes: sorry its bigger than War & Peace)

Anyone attending will be welcome from the crack of dawn (no jokes there :rolleyes: ) and i will on the saturday have breakfast available for early arrivals (croissants,coffee etc) and throughout the day will have a buffet running with cold drinks etc. At a desired time(when were all here) a ride over to Russ at Bennetts so that some can bow in the presence of greatness or for others to take the mickey out of a yorkshire lad (they reet good scrappers mind !). I hope to have a celebrity attend our meet (tba) and then back to my place for BBQ (god the pressure of cooking hundreds just to fill BBA !) where beer will be available in abundance for those who want to stay over. Their will be available tents for anyone who wants one (saves you carrying a tent on a nelli )and i will have two x 2 man tents up and one 4 man tent erected and for others wanting a B&B i can arrange rooms as well and will of course supply transport for anyone who may of had a drink . My front room has 2 leather settees and are comfy for those who stagger in and collapse :eek:

I thought it may be good for me to award a prize for Furthest Travelled , Nicest(mods or cleanest ?) Benelli , and Nicest Non Benelli (this should be a Benelli brochure !).

There will be signs in to where the party is and parking will be ample (my drive and next doors) unless the great Benelli Trike Club turn up :rolling: . cars are able to park roadside.

The Open Day at Bennetts has slightly altered as BenelliGB are at Donington WSB that weekend so they are not able to offer a full range of Demonstrators until the 12th(following week)at Bennetts but russ is working on that one and i'm sure if anyone wants to buy a new Benelli or even MV i'm sure he will be more than happy to help :) .

If your coming to this Benelli meet just let me know and i'll pm my address . I do think you'll not miss the marker boards pointing out the way in though.

all in all the idea is to chill , enjoy a good bit of banter and just put faces to names off what has to be a good friendly site and get some free food/booze/drinks. My Back Garden will happily keep kids amused with all thats in it (trampoline/Bouncy castle/swings etc) .

I look forward to seeing some previously met faces and some new ones :D .

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
this Bennett geezer:D sounds a bit of a puff to me!!
You've heard the rumours as well then.... :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Anywho, please put me down as a defo for the meet Angledangle. I'll be coming down from Sunderland and it might be nice to meet up with a few on the way down. :)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top Bloke that Russ geezer and wouldnt argue with the dog at the back of his shop as its a mean muther !!! mind you i have two big Japanese Akita's and one of them's party piece is to drag you round by your arm in its mouth (has this now put people off :rolling: ).

·
Registered
213 Posts
So who's up for the week after?? Moto GB say they can loan me TNT899, 1130 Tornado, Tre-K, Amazonas, a 1974 Benelli 6, Rocket 3, BSA Bantam, turnip, carrot, tea, coffee, milk, but no sugar (tight gets!)

Due to the WSB at Donnington the guy's can't get the week before but anyone who makes Angledangle's do will at least know the way to the shop. I have asked for some of the big wigs from Benelli to be around so it might be a good idea to put your points across to them, I will also try to have the very limited clothing/accessory range in also. I also would like anyone to put any suggestions forward as to what they would like to see on our "unofficial open day" (big one next year on our 60th anniversary)

Please let me know
Regards
Rusty

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Angus - Put me as a deffo for your bash on the 6th Sept- I may well take FULL advantage of the hospitality package that you are so kindly offering.
Give me a clue what you would like me to bring (or what kind of donation you would like passing on to the benevolent Benelli bike fund !!)

Mr Puffty Russ :rolling: - I will be there the Saturday after at yours :bow: bring on the Benelli top brass I say, I could do with a quiet word in their ear like :p

Suggestions you ask for ..........................!!!!!!!!!!!
(I would check your inbox - you may find it fills quicker than you anticipated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Calling in the shop this Saturday too - see you then :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Change of plans!!!!

Seeing as Devon is so far away, I'll be coming down to Angus' for the Sat/Sun :ele:
My daughter coming on her bike (it was the hint of a Benelli test ride, I'll not mention those changes to her).
Have you booked the liquid sunshine that the Peak District is so famous for?

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
I'm up for both day's what about a mass ride in to Angle's. Don't know if I'll be staying over yet have to get a pass out from the gaffer:doh:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I'm up for both day's what about a mass ride in to Angle's.
I'll do a mass ride-in of 1 Btornado and a Transalp from the West, across the Peak District, probably via Macc and Buxton (cue plod alert LOL).

Don't know if I'll be staying over yet have to get a pass out from the gaffer:doh:
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I can do a ride in on Saturday - looking at having some beer and staying over too :D
Ooooo yesssss, a few beers are def on the agenda :ele:
AND..... I've not even mentioned - BBA :)

·
northern member
2004 Tornado
623 Posts
Buxton sounds like a good idea to meet up there's a car park near the centre where we could meet and head off from there. I know that some will have to go on a minor detour but a mass ride in would be fantasic to see.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like its going to be a good one and thankyou for all getting back to me. I'm honoured to have "Tv" Personality Kurt here !!!! , i'm awaiting confirmation that a celebrity is coming but he's not as popular as much as Kurt !!! (who said its Bin Laden !) . I will be laying on Free Beer/Food/Soft Drinks and and much more (maybe i should get a special Benelli Tart Made - Fragile, Needs careful handling but by golly its gorgeous !!) . I must be taking this all quite serious as i've put my 12 foot Gazebo to one side and gone out and bought a 30 Foot long One !!!. may have more tents available and if need be kids will be giving up their beds !!(come on kids you know its for the good of Benelli's :rolling: )

A good place to roll in from would be Whaley Bridge or Chapel en le frith (home of ferodo) as its accessible from Sheffield / Chesterfield (good road in)and coming from Macclesfield( good for southern arrivals) over to Whaley (6miles further down from Chapel ) is a great road. You know the funny thing is when we rode into J'rs it was awesome and bet it was good to be on the receiving end seeing us all come in !!.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Buxton sounds like a good idea to meet up there's a car park near the centre where we could meet and head off from there. I know that some will have to go on a minor detour but a mass ride in would be fantasic to see.
Buxton is fine with me. Also the roads as suggested by Angus are superb :)

Angus, a well done for you and your's for the effort going into this. Wow! even the kids involved :rolling:
Now if JR was to get a flight I could sort him out with a ride on my old Laverda triple :D

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Oh Angus, before I forget and your other 'so called' celebrity makes demands - I feel it only fair to forward you my list of requirements (we call it a 'rider' in the business):-

1. Cold towels upon arrival :hiya: (Or if its raining these would need to be warm towels) + 25 bottles of 'Vittel' spring water + 35 bottles of Stella :gulp:
2. VIP parking for my good self and first 10 of my entourage (the other 25 can park with the riff-raff !!! :bluesbros:
3. Full valet service for my steed (Including wax) and full leather cleaning service (albeit my fantastic good lady has purchased me a new set for my birthday so may forgo this service to some less fortunate person :spank: )
NB - No mention of helmet polishing here :clap:

Now the important ones:-
4. Full set of core plugs, tools and mechanics to attend to steed should she decide to devour these en-route:beat:
5. Ready-mixed coolant to replenish said steed if she has spewed her guts (must be green in colour - not blue !! :doh: )
6. Hotline to the speaking clock to ensure that I get the correct time to enter on the clocks (when they reset) :eek:
7. Rusty Russ or Brian Harris on standby to assist with finding neutral :rolling:

Thank you in anticipation of fulfilling the above - full demands will be requested on the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt
(Not really up his own ar$e !):D

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
God Kurt i had all this lined up anyway and russ is chained to the dungeon wall as we speak (he say's he likes it tho !) and nubile topless wash girls will be on hand (Dartford girls need not apply ).

At least your not like my other celebrity who asked for all the blue smarties to be taken out (sounds like a rock band story there ).

I have to say Kurt washing the leather thong will not be fullfilled as this is a job only for the brave and its a shame you have declined the helmet polishing as i have had discussions with your female stalker on this issue shame as it'd be in the News of the World !!:rolling: .

G

·
wsb at donington

Hi mate

Sorry friend but i won't be able to attend your shindig, :bawl: i'm at donington marshaling the world supers. :D But thanks for the invite and i which you all the best with it. :bow:
I've no doubt you'll have a good one. ;) :D ;)
Sorry again mate

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi Angus,
I'm afraid I will not be able to attend :mad:
Too close to her in doors producing a baby.. I really wouldn't be flavour of the month if she went into labour as I was on Guinness number eleventeen, 250 miles from home.

Take cameras boys and get snapping.. looking forward to the pictures post event.

Have a fantastic time everyone, lucky sods! :bawl:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Simon & Neil. Fully understand both are important - Babies and Worldsupers and i wouldnt want to be responsible for a divorce or the marshalling to be down an important Member :)

Did think we could have a maternity ward tent erected as i'd love a go on gas n air ;) .

Hope the World Superbikes is a good one (i'll be keeping an eye on qualifying etc and good luck to yourself & wife neil on your new arrival -reminder - stand at the top of the bed as i felt faint watching at the other end :eek:

·
Registered
864 Posts
reminder - stand at the top of the bed as i felt faint watching at the other end :eek:

:rolling: Cheers Angus! - I had already planned to be in that location ....

the mind boggles as to why some people take a video camera into this particular situation with them?? :confused:
To me it's like inviting your family in to watch your wife take a crap -- while filming it :doh:

But then again -- I guess some folk are into that kinky business :rolling:

Anyway, I digress, have a blast, I;m gutted I can't be there. Let's have another Benelli meet some time soon!

Neil

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Think Jr's got another meet planned florida next year so that would be a good one . I'm going to the bike show in Milan in November as its been said on here its the best for all things italian and maybe a few off here may be going as UK entourage !! bella bella . Last child of mine being born(got 5) i remember arriving on a jap bike and dressed in leathers and went into partners maternity suite shouting "Pizza Delivery !" - oh how my partner nearly killed me !!.
We could all say hello on PC's at my house to you on the day :D .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts