Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took this picture from my back yard about 30 minutes ago. The clouds were obscuring the subject a little, but you can clearly see the moon, Mars above, and Jupiter above right. If I'd got the exposure right, the moon would have been seen as a crescent. Damn. No second chance unfortunately.
:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Saw this phenonemon coming down from the Lake District earlier and it was a crescent moon plus i thought it was venus and jupiter but could be wrong - it was quite eery to see something below the moon .

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hey, we had a perfect view of that last night in Southern England, although by the time night fell there was only one eye close to the crescent, the other had moved further away and was dimmer. It was also a 'Saddie', not a 'Smiley' as the crescent was forming the down turned mouth style.

Anyone know what it was?

Were we inline of some of the other planets last night? - because they were too big to be stars!

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Hey, we had a perfect view of that last night in Southern England, although by the time night fell there was only one eye close to the crescent, the other had moved further away and was dimmer. It was also a 'Saddie', not a 'Smiley' as the crescent was forming the down turned mouth style.

Anyone know what it was?

Were we inline of some of the other planets last night? - because they were too big to be stars!

Sorry, just read the post properly, D'oh!:doh:

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where did you find that Rob? :doh:
If you did it yourself, you've got way too much time on your hands - come Down-under, I've got a few jobs for you!

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts

·
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would have been interesting to have seen a more close up shot of those planets.
Next chance ..... 2035.
If they let me out of the old folks home, I'll see if I can remember how to use the camera, and post some pics.

watch this space :rolling:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts