Benelli Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent off a email to power commander in the states saying they should do a pc for the Tornado as well as the TnT they have just released, being the same ecu and injectors (i imagine), saying thier is scope for one, low and behold there is one now in development:D , should be out in a month or so (see they web page). probably just need to make up a instruction fitting manual.
Just have to decide between the TuneBoy or pc now, tuneboy seems to offer more tunig functions, but no one has any experience with the software here in West Oz, seems if its not a pc most dyno tuners here in Perth wont touch anything else. Received a email from Tuneboy today though, they seem to have more tunes for the tre and RS then they list on there website though, ie: the 6015 race can map for the RS:rollin .... decisions decisions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pc vs tb

to my knowledge 6034 is the latest map and most performant for RS as is the 6033 for the regular TREWhy would one go to 6015?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maps

Aquillia, where can i go internet wise to see the list of maps available? stock and with race exhaust?. I think Johnny O's at philip island for the MotoGP :hat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: maps

Aussievtr, have you ever ridden on the Philip Island track? It's got to be the most beautiful track! I could only get a taste of it with my playstation motogp game. I am hoping one day I could ride on Suzuka and Philip Island. Of course Assen would be a blast!

What kind of improvement can we expect from Tuneboy or Power Commander on the RS (or the Tre)? What are the mods we'll have to do together in an effort to update the ECU?

I've never had a fuel injected bike... the Tre is my first. I like how the Tre's power rolls on pretty smoothly... I sometimes wish its delivery could be a little more snappy, and that the throttle could be a little lighter.

So, my question again, what are the benefits? Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maps

I'd say with the factory map 6033 for your tre and 6034 for my RS your getting smoother throttle response economy and more power. GP star should be able to load new maps into your ecu, the ecu is perfectly fine, the sagem is highly regarded for its ability and processing power, the initial maps were pretty dodgy for the tre, that all, the TuneBoy allows you to customise factory maps and refine them, plus alter pre programmed functions, such as idle speed and thermo fan settings etc, the tuneboy also has a self diagnostic ability. see www.tuneboy.com.au. it free to download the program, you have to purchase the "Key" to allow it to talk to your ecu, from there you can play with your setting and load as many maps as you want , but only into that ecu, if you want to use the tuneboy on another sagem equipped bike you have to buy another key. i think the web page is a bit out of date with regard to the benelli tunes listed. We'll see what Johnny O has to say in regard to the lastest tre map and its difference over your map in yours, your map number should be on a sticker on your ecu under the riders seat.

Phillip Island, its only 5000 kilometres away, one day I'll put the bike on the train to Adelaide and ride from there to Phillip Is via the Great Ocean road ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ahh...so I see... In this case Benelli should provide upgrades to ECU mapping for free or for little charge... since the bikes they make have the potential to be better after leaving the factory... sort of like a software upagrade, like I get my Mac OS updated periodically for free from Apple Computer. 8o

So if I'm to, say, re-calibrate the thermo fan setting, this could "potentially" help my late expansion tank overflow problem because the fans would kick in earlier to help prevent overheating in the coolant circuit?

Thanks for doing all the research! The thought of plugging a laptop to my Tre is pretty cool. I'm very interested to see what available "hardware upgrades" I could do together with proper ECU remapping.

Under my seat it says 6033. Does that mean I have the latest factory map already?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

"...I'll put the bike on the train to Adelaide and ride from there to Phillip Is via the Great Ocean road..." that sounds so lyrical!!! Beautiful!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lastest map

6033, yeah looks like, I'll ask Johnny O what maps for the RS suit what particular set-up, i imagine its just whether you have the Ti race can fitted or not, the should be alternate maps for the tre too if can fitted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts