Benelli Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much contemplation and kind comments from yourselves, i've deceided that the Benelli is just too special to part with. Foolish to think otherwise to be honest.
Also, the new DB screen arrived from Australia today. It is dark green with a black background and looks superb, especially with the green/silver livery. Excellent quality/great service and would highly recommend to anyone in the market for a new screen.
Thank you Engenia for all your help sorting things out by the way. Your kindness was invaluable.:clap:
Hope to post some pictures soon,
JP
Ps. Kurt, thank you again for the spare mesh my friend. It looks the business. Instant LE!

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Well done mate, glad you have seen the light, just think how much you would have missed us all :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Good man for keeping . as much as i love my trek i do miss the tornado 2 seater.
Will always regret selling it .

·
TnT explosive tester
1,011 Posts
Great your keeping the Tre m8

And that screen is a cracker, Big Al has one here and although I generally hate coloured screens this one sets off the bike fantastically:ele:

pics?

·
Registered
157 Posts
glad to hear your keeping your tre jp:) i just bought one 6 wks ago from rr motorcycles in lisburn love the exhaust howl but still getting used to the extra kgs over my old 600 and less engine braking than the 600 going into bends
rab

·
Father Ted rides a Tre
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it's great news to know that there is another Tornado owner in Northern Ireland. There's me thinking i'm the only one.
Carrick Rab, which model do you have and how did you find RR in Lisburn? My bike is due a big service so it would be ideal to get some feedback regarding customer service.

·
Registered
157 Posts
alrite jp ,

i have a 900 tre novecento 2009 reg , a 2004 model from the vin , in green and silver.
i had a triumph TT600 and had fancied a tornado for about a year and came across the 5995 deal moto gb are doing so a looked up the dealer network and found one in letterkenny and one in lisburn, so phoned rr motorcycles in lisburn and he said he was selling his demo model at a reduced price, and to top it off he gave me the amount what i brought my triumph 3 years ago for it as a trade in , happy days.
guy who runs shop is robin top bloke up for a bit of haggling unlike some other local dealers, his mechanic was andrew niell the rider who was killed at the road races at walderstown about 2 months ago so he is currently looking a new mechanic, or was when i last spoke to him 6 wks ago , give him a call ,very helpful guy.
on the subject of local tornados , there was two in mccallens a month ago getting some work done to them and i seen a red rs in larne parked in a drive way , and another red rs for sale at dnd in bangor so there are a few about.

have you owned yours long??

will have to get a meet up and a ride out sometime, as i would appreciate any help and advice about the tornado as its new to me and im still trying to find out all the common problems and useful cures encountered by long term owners.
rab

·
Registered
5 Posts
alrite jp ,

i have a 900 tre novecento 2009 reg , a 2004 model from the vin , in green and silver.
i had a triumph TT600 and had fancied a tornado for about a year and came across the 5995 deal moto gb are doing so a looked up the dealer network and found one in letterkenny and one in lisburn, so phoned rr motorcycles in lisburn and he said he was selling his demo model at a reduced price, and to top it off he gave me the amount what i brought my triumph 3 years ago for it as a trade in , happy days.
guy who runs shop is robin top bloke up for a bit of haggling unlike some other local dealers, his mechanic was andrew niell the rider who was killed at the road races at walderstown about 2 months ago so he is currently looking a new mechanic, or was when i last spoke to him 6 wks ago , give him a call ,very helpful guy.
on the subject of local tornados , there was two in mccallens a month ago getting some work done to them and i seen a red rs in larne parked in a drive way , and another red rs for sale at dnd in bangor so there are a few about.

have you owned yours long??

will have to get a meet up and a ride out sometime, as i would appreciate any help and advice about the tornado as its new to me and im still trying to find out all the common problems and useful cures encountered by long term owners.
rab
Hello mate, I’ve also got a 2009 Novecento in green and silver which is a 2004 bike (from the VIN).
A quick question, what’s the difference between the Tornado 900 and the Novecento 898? It seems that our bikes are from 2004, when the 900 was being produced so is it not the same bike?

Also, having been produced in 2004, why were they not registered until 2009?

Cheers, Dave.
9F0D6F8B-63D0-4444-99FE-AA66FC6DEA34.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts