·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, whadda know, it was a red one :doh:

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
do you reckon its genuine there laurence as i notice its seller has zero feedback even though they have been a member of ebay since 2004 :confused:

Just got the impression as well as its on a $ pricing but is in pesaro :confused: (first holiday i had abroad in the eighties was to pesaro !!)

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

·
Mid Life Crisis
107 Posts
Yes...load of shite if you ask me !!

·
3,085 Posts
crap

I have it on good authority that the first two were ridden to a show or race somewhere by Merloni and Morton and they were silver / green LE's, if this was #1 of the production base tre's even then i would expect it to be in green silver, its Benelli historic racing colours.

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
This looks to me like one of those classic eBay scammers who sells a bike he doesn't even own and through some sneaky dealings ends up with your money. I wouldn't touch that one.

·
1,231 Posts
LEs

No the LEs don't have a pillion seat unless someone has changed and adapted a seat unit from a regular one. I can't imagine the first one was a red one since silver/green was the color on all but one LE and I think that was was a respray in Red.

·
3,085 Posts
nah

I would expect a LE owner to know what hes talking about, sounds like a scam job on the engine # and wheres the CF body panels!:mad:

·
5,931 Posts
Just had another look at it, and it doesn't say it's an LE. #16 came to Australia, so it makes sense #1 stayed in Italy. You would expect it to be in the Benelli colours though.

The seller replied to my query about the VIN, and supplied a sensible one. Easy to fabricate though.

I sent him another question about the clutch, alternator lock washer and dash states. We'll see if he knows anything about his bike!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I have it on good authority that the first two were ridden to a show or race somewhere by Merloni and Morton and they were silver / green LE's, if this was #1 of the production base tre's even then i would expect it to be in green silver, its Benelli historic racing colours.
Nathan, you're very close! I know cos I was there. The date was June 2000 and the venue was the TT Races in the Isle of Man. Numbers #1 and #2 had an individual lap of honour and I took photos later at the Grandstand. Def green and silver, Benelli's traditional racing colours.
There are 4 photos in my gallery pages - http://www.benelliforum.com/gallery/bobw

Besides we all know green and silver is the only colour :D

·
5,931 Posts
I sent him the following:-
Next questions.
1.Has the clutch basket been upgraded with the 8mm intermediate gear?
2.Has an alternator drive lock washer been installed?
3. Has the original Version A dash been replaced?

His reply:-
Sure! The Engine block has been substituted because it didn't work well and now it's the last type produced by Benelli for Tornado Tre.
It run just for 3000 miles.
Upgrades have been certified in moto document.
Instrumentation and electronic too has been replaced with the last models.
I have friends in Benelli, that's why the moto has been upgraded.
Belive me it is really ok.
- diegoperoni

Didn't think that out too well did I! Should have put a bogus one in, and not provided so much information.
Anyone want to try that?
Anyone want to try finding Diego Peroni in the Pesaro white pages?

Why the block had to be changed isn't explained. Maybe he had the clutch basket fail. Or heard about it here.
Not sure what electronics has been changed.

"Belive me" ..... of course.:rolling:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts