Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOOO!

I've traded my 2004 TNT for something sensible for now. Just couldn't live with the doubts about it. Took the opportunity to swap while the bike still had value.

Interestingly enough not too many enquiries from the Bike Trader at £4695 (2004 in green , 8500 miles) KJM offered well under £4,000 on a trade in against something new!! I sold it back to the dealer I bought it from in the end.

So with a tear in my eye and the other good eye fixed on a 2006 model when I come to my senses, I'm in a similar state to Benelli Dave, but at least he still owns one!!

I just got this feeling mine was going to chew something up/boil/snap or otherwise go BANG pretty soon. Discretion the better part of valour and all that....

:doh: Yours sincerely

A N Observer :doh:

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Sorry to hear that. We all gotta do what is right for us. HOpe you'll still come see us once in a while. :bawl:

SOOOOOOOOO.....what bike are you getting???? :excited:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have decided to let the green machine go:bawl: :bawl:
Will miss you being about at "SOUTHERN BOYS" meets.........and you still owe me coffee:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Hope you`re happy with your new ride whatever it is. I see you`ve bought something SENSIBLE:rolleyes: :rolleyes: give us a clue BMW/HONDA?? well just remember when you crack open the throttle you wont have that awesome bark you had with the TNT:doh: :doh:
Take care
Dave

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry for delay - been in mourning

Going touring in July to Austria so bought an '06 TDM900 for that, still got my bandit 12 for hooning with for now, but its no TNT. Have yet to ride a bike with so much instant stomp.

Wasn't sure I was doing quite the right thing but the evening before I did the deal, whilst practically boiling the engine in traffic, fans permanently on, and occasionally jumping a cog somewhere in the middle of the motor, I was gently reassured.

I'm pretty sure it's not going to be my last so I will count myself as an affiliate for now!

Dave - we'll meet up when you're back on the road and we'll do the coffee thing!:p

·
Registered
12 Posts
the curse of the benelli continues!

I also traded in my benelli after having spent about £1200 on it in the last couple of months including a very expensive service and upgade from Reddog after which it ran the worst it ever has! Just come back from the isle of man where i spoke to a few italians riding TNT's and they were surprised at the problems I had and most of their bikes didn't even have the fan upgrade kits etc and seemed to be running fine.........think the italians have fobbed us off with all the shit ones off the production line! Anyway, having swapped my TNT for a gsxr 750, I hadn't even had it for a day when something went ping in the gearbox and is now in the process of being stripped and rebuilt! luckily under warranty.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Oh dear - thats bad news fella

But it goes to show that it doesnt have to be Italian to go POP ! !

Then again it is probably fair to say that as a percentage then the Italian bikes are deffo coming out on top !

·
Registered
32 Posts
...and another one

...me too.

I have also traded my 2004 TnT in for a brand new MV Agusta Brutale 910R.

I love(d) the TnT but boy the Brutale is also giving you worth your money with far less problems. I was getting tired of all the petty technical issues that make you spend more time with your dealer than actually the bike.
If one day Benelli is serious about their bikes' quality, i'll be the first one to return.

Some homies here in France have already received the SportEVO 07 models and the quality hasn't improved at all. The same issues keep on showing up and some like me have already deserted Benelli to turn to MV Agusta...

Voilà. It is sad but c'est la vie :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts