Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
4 years ago a bought a Aprilia Falco after seeing many a fab review and taking one for a ride. It's a blast of a bike and since then I've done almost 70k on it. Yes, I ride everyday and put a lot of ks up. ;-) But during that time I've also had a number of un-expected faults: dodgy rotors on the front, engine seals leaking, a new alternator, dodgy dashboard, underrated wiring etc. Previously I had a VFR for 7 years which had zero faults in that time so I was a bit surprised that with Aprilia's rep for quality that so much would go wrong with the Falco.

Anyway, Starting to look around for a next bike and frankly love the look of the Tnt Cafe Racer. But before getting too involved in a love affair with it, I'd like some honest feedback from people who have owned Benelli's about the sorts of on going repairs and issues I *might* encounter. I'm asking this because I would say that on average the Aprilia has cost me double to triple the servicing costs I expected when I purchased it. IF I get a Benelli, I'd really like a better picture of the on going costs and likely issues first.

Oh, and BTW, Hi Johnny O

P.S. If anyone is down here in Australia, can you point me at some pricing ? so far I've not been able to find any. ;-)

Thanks
Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: cafe racer

Woah !

Blown away. I was expecting the price to be above 25k AUD. Whats also interesting is that the sports in only $1000 more. I would have thought at least $5k.

I'm down in Vic and live not far from Johnny O ... or so I understand ;-)

Anyway, after the Falco the real thing I am interesting in finding out about (now that the cost is not un-reasonable! ... like the Bimota Tesi2 which I also fancy but estimate at $70k if even available in Aussie ;-) ) is the real on going costs with a Benelli. I've been told by a guy at a bike show that Benelli's servicing is better than Aprilia's and parts are not expensive. I would like to know if that is everyones experience or I was being told a whopper ;-)

ciao
Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BTW, this ezboard software is crap. It's taken me half an hour to get back in. Kept rejecting my uid and pw to the point where I try and register another name, thorws me out again for having a duplicate email address then lets me log in with the original one I registered.

Warning to everyone, when it says you can register a local id on one board rather than a global. Don't do it. It will frig you around endlessly telling you to login from the board and then rejecting it.

Grrrr >: >: >: >: >: >:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
costs

not sure on the tnt. but my RS has only done under 4000 kays, so i havent experience and cost isues so far , yeah, I'm pathetic, I have heard a tre should cost no more to service, labour wise and any jap four, or less, parts prices, not sure about shims etc, the new prices are very good, wouldnt mind a cafe or sport myself :eek , o6 tnt and sports have just landed or are due anyday, cafe racer and 1130cc tornado's another month or two away i believe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: costs

Yeah I found the big issues for me was that the first year and a half I had the Falco, I did what would probably be considered about average for Italian bikes, 6,000 or 7,000 ks. Even though I rode it every day, work was just around the corner.

Then I changed jobs to a place across the other side of Melbourne and now put 70kms a day on the bike just getting to work. Around 20,000 a year on it with work and the occasional ride. This means 3 to 4 services a year, a set of tyres and anything else that can happen from heavy usage. Although the bike is only 4 years old, I have almost 70k on it. Not good for resale at all :-(

This is why I'm wanting to find out about the sorts of servicing issues and parts issues I could expect with a Benelli. I love the looks and stuff, but I'm one of the rare riders of Italian bikes who rides it every day wet or dry ;-)

I tend to buy a bike because I love to ride it. Some people are horrified that I would buy something like this and then take it out in the muck and rain. he he. I get told I should buy a second bike for commuting. Although it does hammer the resale value, I'd rather just have one bike I really like riding and use it. Unless of course, that Lotto ticket comes through and I can afford a collection ;-)

ciao
Derek

1 - 7 of 7 Posts