Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi

I dont own a Benelli yet but the wife has given the OK to buy a new bike so I am having a test ride this saturday at KJM Superbike near Wigan.

Speak soon !

Tony

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi

I dont own a Benelli yet but the wife has given the OK to buy a new bike so I am having a test ride this saturday at KJM Superbike near Wigan.

Speak soon !

Tony
'The wife has given the OK......'

What are you; a man or a mouse? :ele:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tony

I put an almost identical thread to yours a couple of months ago and loved the bike following the test ride.

I came off a Mille Haga rep and whilst the Nelli was nowhere near as quick, it was more managable power (at least on the road) and the noise was tremendous!

Had the bike (RS Model) a couple of weeks and I love it, the build quality isnt good, however a bit of exclusivity tempers that and it always attracts attention.

Best of luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll let you know what I think after the test ride this weekend, just hope the weather stays dry so I can open it up a bit :D

I have looked at loads of bikes but nothing seems to grab my attention like the Benelli does, just hope I can get on with one when I test it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I only got back into biking last year after a 10 year break and bought myself an old 1994 GSXR 750 and I have loved biking more than ever so though I would get myself something a bit more modern and newer.

The benelli caught my eye at the NEC Bike Show last year and I was stunned at the price !

Just hope I get on with it OK as I dont really like any other bikes at the moment

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
must admin I wasnt originally to keen on the green/silver but it is growing on me, KJM say they also have the Black/Silver, but I also like red too many decisions :confused:

I'll have to have a good long look at them all this weekend when I go over for my tets ride

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you want to save some money and feel like having a short holiday in Italy, have a look at this only 4000 km and EUR 3600
http://www.moto.it/usato/usato03.asp?EID=2010432
Mucho bling for your buck there...carbon everywhere - anyone know enough italien to ask him where he got it all:p I like the front carbon inner panels, as per the LE:clap: Be good to have a look at that tank carbon as well - assuming it is not an LE tank:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
did I miss something ? didn't see any carbon in the picture ?

and it's definately not an LE -- wrong rear subframe for a start.
Terry - it is the shiny stuff :rolling: :rolling: on the front and rear mudguards, around the tank front and the front fairing inner panels. it is most definitely not an LE, but someone who has added a lot to a standard tre...the exhaust, the wheel rim tape etc. It is a 2006 as well so i would ben keen to see he original bits if I was buyinh;)

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
GO FOR IT MATE. I had a 12R before my RS & i know which bike thrills the most :clap: :clap:

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
The gixxer 750 is a cracking little machine Tony but I reckon once you've had a go on the Tre you'll be hooked. Biking takes on a whole different meaning when you own a Benelli. It's not the fastest nor the prettiest, nor the most reliable but the overall package is too good to let you go by. Put your hand in your wallet matey and go for it:D

Al;)

Once you've crossed over to the dark side ..... there's no going back:bow:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi

Speak soon !

Tony
You'll like owning the tornado. It doesn't matter that isn't the latest R1 spec. You just stand out from the crowd. I always park next to the new stuff, but with the back end showing, it never fails, to get the usual questions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so what are the main mods I should be checking will or have been done to the bike if I go ahead and buy one tomorrow?

I know of the clutch basket already.

Cheers

Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Excellent, cheers, just printed off the whole "Tips for Buying" page and I'll take this with me tomorrow.

Just hope the sun keeps shining for my test ride in the afternoon

·
Registered
136 Posts
Be carefull on the lanes around Kjm, my dad nearly high sided his new tre-k pulling out of the dealers yesterday! :rolling: loads of muck around from farm vehicles!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts