Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is the situation... I am looking at going to Jerez for the motogp, and that where the bad ideas came out: go there with the Nelli from London. I'll probably leave the bike out of the motogp mess, it is just the way down that counts here.

Bottom line, I need to keep faith in the tornado coz it is not here at the moment.

So, what's you view? What should I prepare myself for (apart from a back pain) ?

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
PILES THE SIZE OF GRAPES:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

G

·
Blimey mate thats a fair ride, not one i'd under take on my own. Better if a few can muster the time/££ to go with you. Have you toured in europe before.
After 800 miles from my home down to Macon mid France on my honda cbr 1000 f i wished i gone on my nelli cuz it would have been more comfy,
I am quite tall and find the nelli nice and comfy to ride for long periods of time/milage. Wot are your dimensions. Do you have a DB screen on your nelli.
I would say the way to go is Portsmouth to Santaner/Bilao, it would be a hell of a ride down thro France.
There are a few tour companies that will sort your accomadation out on route and down there. If you don't fancy that the Formula 1 hotels are brill (if there is any that way on). Wot else would you like to know friend.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PILES THE SIZE OF GRAPES:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

well, I guess I'll join the lot of the usual problems of Benelli owners and what to expect at their average age : according to statistics, as many as 40% of all people who are above 50 years of age have it

:ele:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blimey mate thats a fair ride, not one i'd under take on my own. Better if a few can muster the time/££ to go with you. Have you toured in europe before.
After 800 miles from my home down to Mackon mid France on my honda cbr 1000 f i wished i gone on my nelli cuz it would have been more comfy,
I am quite tall and find the nelli nice and comfy to ride for long periods of time/milage. Wot are your dimensions. Do you have a DB screen on your nelli.
I did France all around in 2007(dayto 650) and argentina in 2008 (Honday Transalp). The 1130 had no modification, so no DB screen so far. I should have some guys doing part of the trip with me, but no long ride buddy.

G

·
Approx 800 miles from Bilbao down mate so you cud do it in a day but it will be a LONG day, France will add a 1000 miles and works out more expensive, Fuel vers ferry fees. So which way you planing on going then Marco. If you sailed to Bilbao then planed 2 days to get down you cud have a much more relaxed ride. Found you 2 Formula 1's in Madrid which is a little under half way. Thats the way i would do it. All this info supplied by my friend who tours every year in Spain and France.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will probably stop half-way in France (family), then in Madrid (some mates leaving there). I will cross the channel by the shuttle (got a trick to get it cheap).

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I did Magny Cours and back from Derbyshire on an Honda SP1 and to say it hurt would be an understatement !!!. I had a similar problem to the Tornado fuel range in that at one stage going hell for leather i managed 69 miles to a tankful:( . Left Saturday early hours down to Dover-ferry to Calais then down round Paris and onto Magny Cours watch Sunday's WSB and return to Home on Monday early hours (4am) in time to get up for work at 7am and drive my truck- not good !. recommend that dont wear a back pack as the strain is immense , wear loose undergarments :eek: and drink lots of glucose drinks.

G

·
Good luck with that 1 then friend. Take 10 days and really enjoy it and see as much as you can. Long way to go to rush it really. I'd like to do a run like that on a nelli just for the experiance of the tour and to take in the Moto GP racing at a good track outside the uk. :clap:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts