Benelli Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my current Tornado off e.bay after writing my beloved previous Tornado off in a daft accident, of which I was gutted :bawl: ! Now I have purchased bikes off e.bay several times before, I had a Triumph Daytona 955i which was Superb, I had, briefly, a Triumph Thruxton which was also in mint condition, i guess I have been Lucky with previous e.bay purchased bikes, my previous Tornado I purchased from KJM, it was an 04 plate but it was Immaculate, I was in Love with that bike so needless to say I was gutted that I had destroyed it. Anyway, I guess I was in too much of a hurry to get another Tornado so I ended up with my current one, which I purchased fairly cheap compared to what they were selling for, but as I'm sure many of you will know I ended up having to pay for the clutch basket job to be done as well as one or two other jobs that needed doing to make the bike safe to ride, so in all I spend well over a £1000 on repairs, which has made it very hard for me to gel with this bike ! So I am struggling to fall in Love with this bike like I did my old one, during the week I even offered to swop it with someone for a somewhat older but better condition Daytona T595 :eek: ! The problem is that even though it's only done 4,500 miles on the clock, it looks like it hasn't been looked after that well, so all I keep thinking about is how much more do i need to spend to get it looking like my old one, there are still some cosmetic repairs need doing to make it look as good as I'd like and after spending as much as I did on repairs recently my bike budget funds are Zero ! So I have been doing some soul searching to decide whats best to do, do I sell the Tornado and take a loss from the purchase price and the repair costs or do I just stick with it and bide my time until I can afford to get it into the condition I want ! It is really niggling at the back of my mind to sell it, but then I look at it and think, "WOW" ! It's a Tornado :bow: !

And to make it worse, this afternoon I went over a mates, put a new mirror on to replace one that was cracked (at a nice cost of £86 !) and instantly thought that has improved it, and then my mate decided to go out for a blast round Bridgnorth, so I thought Wonderful, lets blow some cobwebs out, now most my mates I genearlly go out with stick to the speed limits, give or take a few miles an hour :rolleyes: , but this mate like to ride, how shall we say, "like he's stole it", now I'm not condoning that this is right But, at the end of the day sometimes you just have to ! I don't profess to be that good a rider but I do enjoy a good blast from time to time, so off we went, latching onto the back of a Ducati 848 which he too didn't hang about, that was so much fun, then after we stopped at a Cafe in Bridgnorth for 15 minutes we headed back home the other way out of Bridgnorth, just taking it easy............Until two New GSXR's (a 750 & 1000) came blasting past us, so we took up the challenge and chased after them, my mates a far better rider than me on his Fireblade and we we're keeping with these guys fairly comfortably maybe me losing a bit on the bends but catching up in no time at all, we did this for about 10/15 miles or so, and I must admit I was Goddam Proud of my Tornado !

So in all, after today, I feel so much better about my Tornado............... I just hope it lasts ! :D

I hope I haven't bored the F*ck out of you all ! :eek:

:ele:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
136 Posts
Snore!...... Only kidding an enjoyable read that!:)
You'll be falling in love with the tornado in no time :ele:

·
president
1,009 Posts
rob....................please stick with it:bow: :bow:
what happens when i run out of jokes.....there will be a distinct lack of them on here:( :( :(

please dont do a big bad al and get one of them suzuki's......although i see where your coming from with the 955..........but still not the same as a tornado:bow: :bow: :clap: :) :)

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
and I must admit I was Goddam Proud of my Tornado !
Read the last bit of your post again Rob and I think that you know already what you want to do :clap:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I rode mine this week for the first time in a very long time due to doing a lot of work on it. I have been riding my firestorm for a bit and even though its had a lot of money thrown at its suspension etc, it was just so nice to get the Nelli going again it was in a different league. The Tornado may not be fast but its an incredibly competant bike. The only problem i have is that its too easy to find yourself travelling a lot quicker than you think or should. In South Wales we have some A roads that just encourage you to ride way quicker than Mr Plod would approve of, I just hope I get a comfortable cell...

I'm also trying to save up for a CR to go with it hopefully next year, as there is something that these bikes have got the the jap stuff hasn't.

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
I think i can sympathise and partly see where robs coming from . maybe like most other times you sell your bike and upgrade but in robs case his pride and joy was snatched away from his grasp and he was eager to return so bought his latest that was slightly flawed . this all changes after instances like what he's experienced today so i think he'll be sticking with it :D (rode mine for an hour earlier this evening and it was brilliant in that all bikers looked and gawped and yep no other Nelli's were amongst them ) :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sorry to say, but my Daytona was a far better bike than the Tornado, but hey, everyone has got a Daytona!!!
still got a 955i in the garage as I could not see it in someone's else hands. I love the tornado despite the painful feeling I still can't trust it for a reasonable roadtrip.

I guess I'll always be in the following mood: "sell it, naaa, keep it, sell it, sell it, naaaa keep it, ..."

Keep it Rob :clap:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Stick with it Rob and keep your eyes on ebay - you only have cosmetic issues with yours and if you bide your time you will pick the bits up. I was a Triumph man before the nelli as you know so I cant knock them but... its not a Benelli!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Rob son stick with it. These Benelli's are so good at being errm well... Benelli's...
I have a love - hate affair going on with mine... It's so good but then it's just so lacking in power, then it sounds so good, then it's just so god damn erm rubbish!!!
I just finished doing my annual service on mine.. valve clearances, plugs, brakes, oil & filter etc etc etc...
Headed out for a pint then made my way back into my garage and looked at it up on the ramp all polished up sitting proud up in the air up against R1 and 999 and thought to myself..
"God damn -you're gorgeous - that's why I love you. I will never ever sell my Yellow RS - Ever.
:ele:

·
No good with spanners....
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
i'm a bit new to Benelli ownership,but heres how i see it.

Its a challenge owning a bike like this,the machine is a boys toy to me,if i needed it to commute or use it all year round i'd have bought a car!
I'd only had it a week and she popped a core plug and was off the road for ten days.Every time i here an uncommon noise from the engine paranoia sets in.

But god does this bike get under your skin.Its like NOTHING i've ever ridden before,after she was remapped at Streffords to go with the race can, on the ride home i swear it was alive,more than just the sum of its parts.the grin on my face was in fact causing me pain!:D

It'll probably bankrupt me in fuel this summer (if the weathers any good)I wish the trip meter worked properly,i wish it would go into neutral at a standstill.:(
The only thing i'd change it for is an LE.Other bikes just dont get a look in with me these days and i've only owned it 7 weeks.!!!!
(i can see the cynics amongst you wagging fingers in a 'you'll learn' kinda way)!!!

I'll take the rose tinted specs off now.....

fred

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Mine was always breaking down and snapping and pinging bits everywhere on me, and then I went and dropped the bitch going into a roundabout too fast. For a brief moment in my life I was quite happy to see it lying face down and broken in the middle of the roundabout and then I was bikeless for a while but it didn't matter as winter was starting to set in. Good fu*king riddance I thought. I reckoned I'd get a Japanese model after my shitty experience with the Tre, but you're right about the 'it get's under your skin' feeling. So now I've went out and bought a brand new one (should be with me in less than two weeks) and a new set of Dymags WILL be getting ordered to go on her as soon (if not before) as I get her delivered.
I can't see me owning anything else for the kind of money that they're being sold at now.

Al:bow:

·
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
I'd also consider an 1130 Tornado as well......:D

·
ENGLAND FOREVER
1,565 Posts
Now listen here young Man, enough of this silly talk about selling your Nelli. We all go through it mate, its like pre wedding nerves.....Should I or Shouldn`t I :confused: :confused: The worse thing to do is to compare your bike with anything that you have ever owned because the beauty of a Benelli is that it is not like any other bike, they are like hot blooded Italian Women (they break down on a regular basis but when you ride them......MAMA MIA :rolleyes: I am sure that you will fall in love with her but these things take time

·
MV F3 RC, TNT 899
3,418 Posts
my missus aint hot blooded or Italian,but she breaks down regularly!!!!:rolling:

·
Benelli Wannabe !
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No worries boys, I've had a change of heart, so thanks for the good words and as it was my day off today I decided to give nelli a good clean (after i'd done all my other chores my dear wife found for me first !:bawl: )

Phase one ~ I've proped her up on her paddock stands and gave the wheels & discs a bloody good clean, and I've started on the chain and rear sprocket, so in all I'm quite chuffed with Nelli today ! :ele:

I couldn't believe the amount of Shite on the rear sprocket & chain ! :doh:

:D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Glad you eventually came to yer senses Rob...........................and remember, a nelly is not just for Christmas :rolling:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts