Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part Automotive lighting Vehicle

Whilst fitting uprated battery cables i may have caused a short at least once, i saw the positive cable spark against the frame. Upon start up i had no digital readout or clock sweep, after a fiddle i got everything back, but on the test run i noticed the speedo reading erratically and sometime reading zero, the trip meter also reset upon start up. After further fiddling and twiddling my instruments sre back to normal, although the readout was never very clear,apart from the odometer, it's decided to have a gap now, it's working but it's reading 15-- 814. I'm sure i can live with it but I'd like to know what species of gremlin this is.

· Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've decided to leave the bracket for now , those bolts are tight and i don't know what loctite was used, if i should heat them up , i wonder why they're marked and if it has been apart before.Anyway ,back to the cable tie as before.I haven't spotted any actual leaks under there but it could do with a clean, i spilt some oil when i removed the alternator .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts