Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... was not caused by any damage of my bike.

As I was jogging as every day in the forest on monday, I didn´t see a (somehow) small stone... stumbled, fell... and resulted in a torn ligament in my left ankle.

Wonderful. Swollen. Pain.. went to the hospital, got an x-ray to make sure there is no major damage inside (besides my stupid brain). Got the news that have also some fracture in one of the bones. Wow. I am so happy:mad:

Well... will take 2 weeks to walk again and then another 4 weeks to start jogging again.

Unexpected incident.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Sorry to hear of your misfortune :(
Keeping fit is so so dangerous, a constant battle with the aches and pains caused by trying to get fit! Apparently it's an age thing :rolling:

·
I want a TreK. And a TnT.
1,215 Posts
Awww.... Bad luck Dirk.

Running is clearly more dangerous than riding a motorbike!!

Hope you make a full recovery. At least it's not the beginning of Summer. Not that we even had one over here!! :rolleyes:

cheers,
Dom

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

I am not bay crying now. The pain has gone already after attaching cooling pads to my ankle day and night. The real pain the boring time. Damn.... the day can be long if you don´t have anything to do....

Hopefully, I can walk again next week.

Regards
Dirk

·
Fyule
697 Posts
Good luck with the recovery Dirk. It seems that we have all been cursed with some very mixed luck this year. Chin up mate at least you have some time to get the bike cleaned, waxed etc...

cheers, Fraser

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mates,

story has not ended yet. Still suffering (a bit) from my torn ligament, walking with crutches caused a slipped disk of my vertebra at L5. Wonderful. I spend 10 days at the hospital, being pumped up with painkiller (i.v.). Haven´t been that high for years :eek:

Since today, I am back home again. Still have a strange feeling in my right lower leg. Feels like "sleepy". At least I am painless (more or less)

Damn.... never thought this would happen to me. I have been doing sports all my life. And now...

Well. At least I can walk normally again. Will see when I am able to ride my bikes again.

Regards
Dirk

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the mend again Dirk after that set back. Hope it's not too long before you feel fit enough to get biking again.

Best regards

·
Italian bike junkie
590 Posts
Dirk, lower back stuff is a real drag. :( I get that "sleepy leg" once in a while as I have ruptured discs in L2-L3. Hope you heal up good as new mate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts