Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me what the ohms/volt reading on a throttle position sensor is when it is reading 0%. That way i can check to see if my throttle position sensor is set to 0% at idle. I have a real funny feeling that my tps is out of whack even on my brand new bike, thus making my bike run really rich. Apparently looking at some fuel maps a 3% increase of tps value at idle can make the bike nearly spend twice as much fuel at idle and cause your stepper not to participtate.

There is no other logical reason why my bike should be running so rich to the point where it is pushing heaps of black smoke out the rear. The dam bike is nearly brand new.

G

·
HI
My RS was the same when it was new, it went for its 1st service and had a remap which sorted it alot.
I had a race can fitted and DK remaped again at 2nd service which made everything spot on. Also balanced throttle bodies.
Better mpg, more responsive, less smoke, and no more reports of the smell of fuel by those who following me.
Has it been serviced properly,not just a oil change. The 1st service is a important 1.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry to hear you had the same problems but im glad they sorted out for you. gives me hope that someone else had the same issues and had them resolved. bike will be going in for a service soon at 1000km. Do you know if your tps was out? i just dont know how a tps could be out of alignment on a brand new bike. Dont they test run things to check if they are ok! I also wonder if the tps on the benellis is similar to that on cars where there are slots on top of the tps where you can adjust them to come within limits and that might explain how it could be reading wrong if someone forgot to tighten the screws on it. God only knows how many things i found half hanging off the bike it must be all the afternoon naps they take in italy lol. My airbox and exhaust flaps were not even connected to the solenoid but just hanging their.

G

·
Were did the bike come from. is it undrer warrenty.
If its that bad take it back.
Mine was completely different when it came back from its 600mile/1000k 1st service. but they did need to balance the the throttle bodies ,maybe the did something to the tps aswell ?.
1st sevice is a big 1 and needs to be done by a proper benelli mechanic or someone with the know how to do it rite.
Get it serviced and see how you go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts