Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought the little plug that fits on the loom infront of the air box to kill the engine if it falls over.. I have now discovered that mine must have had the modification as there is no plug on the front of the airbox..

if anybody wants it PM me and I will send it along

·
5,934 Posts
You need a tip over switch only when the bike falls over, but you'll be a very sad lad if you drop it and the throttle gets stuck wide open. The engine will seize very quickly.
If you don't have one, install one.
They were bypassed in the Tornado because they were mounted too rigidly and vibrations would set them off. Rather than fix the cause, Benelli stupidly disconnected it.
They improved the mount on the RS, but didn't fix it.
More here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need a tip over switch only when the bike falls over, but you'll be a very sad lad if you drop it and the throttle gets stuck wide open. The engine will seize very quickly.
If you don't have one, install one.
They were bypassed in the Tornado because they were mounted too rigidly and vibrations would set them off. Rather than fix the cause, Benelli stupidly disconnected it.
They improved the mount on the RS, but didn't fix it.
More here.
Hi again... I couldnt find anything when I took the airbox off there were no plugs etc not connected so I assumed mine had had a mod done.

·
5,934 Posts
It'd be quite an effort to remove that plug and patch the loom up to make the wires disappear, so my bet is that the plug is somewhere near the headstem, and bypassed as described in the link I gave you above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts