Benelli Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well brothers, as from march the 1st 2007 I have had the Benelli 2 years I have moaned and groaned about my TNT Benelli, I have hated it..... I have shouted at it Like the car sketch in fawlty towers (“right you bas***d I’m going to thrash you within an inch of your life”)...... I have passionately loved it (not physically though Big bad Al)….and have been proud of the attention it has had from other bikers as well as Mr & Mrs Normal. I have put over 12000miles on the clock during this 2 year affair……….But now the time has come for me to move on…… but what can I get that will satisfy my needs??????
I want a bike with a big personality a bike that is slightly “slutty” but can behave when it has to…… a bike that when ridden makes a man forget about Angelina jolie (well nearly)…….a bike that is always full of surprises………. and finally a bike that has good factory backup………………………………………

4 out of my 5 needs have been answered by one bike ……………………………….. Yes it’s the bloody Benelli TNT :bow: mmmmm it’s a good job that as from march 2007 I will have a new mistress… Yes a new black TNT Sport to develop another love hate relationship with, and what about my existing relationship I here you say… well like all good dreams I am going to try and have this new affair without the knowledge of my existing partner.
(If I can get permission from “er indoors”) mmmm that’s the really scary bit.
Please Mr Lin Hua Zhong president of the Benelli factory try and make it 5 out of 5 for me. :)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Well done on your choice... are you sure you can really stick with the brand knwing the problems you (and all of us) have encountered in the past?

I couldn't honestly say that I'd come back to Benelli... mnd you I have no intention of selling this one, more like I will buy another bike and keep this one too!

Andy

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right Andy, but I considered the following:
Has my Benelli ever actually broken down and stopped me riding…. the answer is NO it always starts (yes I admit on several occasions I have had to bump start it) but it has never left me stranded.
unlike certain other makes I have owned the Benelli has not turned into a tatty mess the paintwork is as good as new and there is not the usual rusty rad grilles and corroded fittings that has plagued me on other well known brands and my tnt has seen some wet weather!!
Do I enjoy riding it? 100% yes
Is it comfortable? well I often ride a full tank before stopping (about 110miles) then fill up and ride another 110 miles and I don’t get of feeling like a hunchback or whimper that my wrists are killing me.
I also know that the new models have improved/fixed the hot starting and battery charging problems.
Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki….lovely bikes but everybody’s got one
I have looked and ridden the Bmw (no soul and weird suspension)
I have looked at the Aprillia (lovely bike) but there spares situation is as bad if not worse
Ducati…….well they announced that they were pleased with the 3million LOSS last year as the previous year they had LOST DOUBLE that figure.mmmmmmmm
The Mv superb but i'm 6” to tall and 5 stone to heavy :ele:
Bimoto nice dream but i've already got a mortgage
Moto morini unbelievable power but didn’t enjoy the ride (felt like a posh supermotard) me thinks not suitable for mile crunching
So what’s left…….Benelli now owned by a company that makes millions of bikes and employs thousands of people so investing a few mill into Benelli will not hurt them at all.
The only gamble is not if but how quickly the Chinese will get there Benelli after sales service to an acceptable level. I’m giving them one more chance. (Its only money) :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

·
463 Posts
Well done VTX, mine is also 2yrs in March so i,m in the same position, i want to stay with Benelli but it,s just the factory backup.:doh:

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Your right Andy, but I considered the following:
Has my Benelli ever actually broken down and stopped me riding…. the answer is NO it always starts (yes I admit on several occasions I have had to bump start it) but it has never left me stranded.
unlike certain other makes I have owned the Benelli has not turned into a tatty mess the paintwork is as good as new and there is not the usual rusty rad grilles and corroded fittings that has plagued me on other well known brands and my tnt has seen some wet weather!!
Do I enjoy riding it? 100% yes
Is it comfortable? well I often ride a full tank before stopping (about 110miles) then fill up and ride another 110 miles and I don’t get of feeling like a hunchback or whimper that my wrists are killing me.
I also know that the new models have improved/fixed the hot starting and battery charging problems.
Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki….lovely bikes but everybody’s got one
I have looked and ridden the Bmw (no soul and weird suspension)
I have looked at the Aprillia (lovely bike) but there spares situation is as bad if not worse
Ducati…….well they announced that they were pleased with the 3million LOSS last year as the previous year they had LOST DOUBLE that figure.mmmmmmmm
The Mv superb but i'm 6” to tall and 5 stone to heavy :ele:
Bimoto nice dream but i've already got a mortgage
Moto morini unbelievable power but didn’t enjoy the ride (felt like a posh supermotard) me thinks not suitable for mile crunching
So what’s left…….Benelli now owned by a company that makes millions of bikes and employs thousands of people so investing a few mill into Benelli will not hurt them at all.
The only gamble is not if but how quickly the Chinese will get there Benelli after sales service to an acceptable level. I’m giving them one more chance. (Its only money) :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
I fully understand your sentiments, I will have had mine 2 years come this August. Unfortunately I have had a few problems, one fatal to the original engine. However it has been over a year since I had my last problem, and other than the paint finish problem, which I shall be addressing later today once I drag the bike out of the garage and get some photographs together.

I love this bike and despite the complete lack of padding in the seat it is actualy a lot more comfortable than my Suzuki I owned previously.

Actually whilst I type this I mind keeps tracking back to the numerous complaints of finish standards on Suzuki's I have heard... maybe we're not as worse off as we think!

Enjoy the new bike!

·
349 Posts
time for a new bike

I am a big 3 cylinder fan so at the moment it has to be a Benelli or a Triumph.If i wasnt in the fortunate position of having 2 Benellis and a 1050 Triumph Sprint ST i dont know which one i would go for.Probably the TNT!.Did i really just say that.......The TNT had better perform this year or my riding mates will definetly think i have lost the plot.
Zebo.:doh:

·
903 Posts
Time to go!

:p

Hey you guy's I had my Tornado three years with hardly a thing go wrong but when I went to trade it in for a new one I got bugger all for it so that's the reason I slammed it into a Ford Mondeo!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

My plan went wrong though because I was suppose to jump off so I did not hurt myself but was so intent on totalling my bike I forgot!:doh: :rolling:

I got over £1000.00 more than a trade in would get me so follow my lead but jump off BEFORE impact. :bump:

This is just a joke! (For those who don't know!)

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lloyd, went down to reddog's over Christmas they’ve got some lovely bikes in stock (wink wink say no more) when are you hoping to be back on the road mate.
Terry

·
Registered
131 Posts

Hey you guy's I had my Tornado three years with hardly a thing go wrong but when I went to trade it in for a new one I got bugger all for it so that's the reason I slammed it into a Ford Mondeo!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

My plan went wrong though because I was suppose to jump off so I did not hurt myself but was so intent on totalling my bike I forgot!:doh: :rolling:

I got over £1000.00 more than a trade in would get me so follow my lead but jump off BEFORE impact. :bump:

PMSL :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Glad to see you can laugh about it now

·
463 Posts
Been thinking about changing the TNT this year, more than likely for a new one but after going to the show and then looking at mine it almost looks like new ,so the question is do i find another £4500 or spend a few hundred changing sprockets ,having the seat covered etc? i,m confused comments please.:doh:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Sanity !!

Hi Lloyd - its good to see that you can have a good laugh about it now -
Hope your still well on the mend (what bike are you thinking of getting then - i have seen various posts from you talking of MV eh ??)

Take care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts