Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to collect my new RS today !!!
I test rode a "normal" green and silver previously and loved it, but when I saw the RS I made up my mind I must have one!!
its about 100 miles home, so by this evening I will know if I have found what I am looking for.
I am pretty sure I have!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Colin,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase.

Keep us all informed on how your new toy is behaving and let us know if you need any help or info. There's always someone that is pepared to offer some advice around here.

Where are you picking her up from?

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums Colin. I can only mirror what Laurence has already said in his post;)
Enjoy your bike buddy:D

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rs

I am now the proud owner of a yellow rs.
I bought the bike from taz in peterboro.
I have one problem, when i stopped for petrol the engine idled at 2.5 to 3 thou but after turning off it went back to normal idle on restart. It did the same thing when i got home but ok on motorway riding. I will ring taz today,has any one else had similar fault?
The ride was very good, not to firm (im 15 st) ,the brakes are fantastic the sound loverly
the steering lock is poor ( you have to be careful turning round ) and the mirrors cant be adjusted to where i can see without bending down a bit(im 5` 11) but i can sort that out.
I am now going to try it again round some nice twisty roads! (sunday morning)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rs

DONT PANIC ! I HAVE JUST BEEN FOR A RIDE AND I HAVE REALISED THERE IS NO FAULT ! THE ENGINE SHUTS DOWN TO 1300 RPM WHEN IT IS IN NEUTRAL, SO I ASSUME IT IS IN THE MAP FOR A REASON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: rs

Hi Colin

I bought my RS from Taz about 2 months ago. You;ll be speaking to Chez (warranty guy, top bloke) soon no doubt. Look out for dodgy paint, loose headstock and dodgy left hand switchgear.

Mine is only 2 months old and already I ve got to have all the above and a new screen and top right fairing.

Check out Euginas site with a lot of handy tips and step by step guides.

May need a fiddle with the suspension...mine seems to want to run wide.

Where are you from BTW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rs

hi niquem, im in gravesend ,kent. my paint on the seat cover is a bit off shade compared to the seat. I"ll check my headstock. Switches seem ok. the bike turns ok have you got the steering damper stiff ? I have set mine on min as i always feel that i run wide when damper stiff.
I think the benelli wont need much damping anyway, i will tell you if i get any shakes! my tl1000s has a non adjustable damper and it was horrible till i took it off, i prefer a little shake as it is much better to throw around. the rs seems slower steering ,but i think better tyres may make a big difference. does yours hold the revs at 2500 if in gear with clutch in and drop to 1350 when put in neutral?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Idle - No....but my RSV Factory did the same (and others didnt).

I haven't played with the damper yet but may turn it down a click or two. Trouble is Fen roads are not nearly as smooth as 'The Garden of Englands' :\

Can't wait to get some other tyres on it...still got the OE "208 For Fooks Sake" on them at the mo...seem to suit it more than similar on RSVs...mind you will have to get some nicer stuff on there soon

I have a workshop manual on CD if you want it....I would offer to email it but it'll be huge. If I give it to you, you have to pass it on to the next RS newbie FOC. OK?

BTW you haven't set up an email address I see (hence yer name isn't underlined)

Cheers

Nique

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rs

Cheers for offer of cd ,i already have one bought off ebay for £2.
It seems likely that the idle in gear saga may be able to be altered at 1st service, its ok but just a few hundred revs higher would be better.
i tried to register as a member, but when i tried to use it it said not recognised ! i must of mucked it up !
i will try again later.
up to 200 miles now!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

hallo I think i am registered now ! just testing. funny the fast idle thing when in gear seems to have dissappeared now !! :lol :lol :lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I have not got much to say I am testing to see if i can use these ezcode things.
my throttle is not a good fit on the bars, but tightening and leaving little slack makes it much better. if you do the same check full movement of the bars does not open throttle ! you need a little slack.
I am up to 350ml so 7500rpm now, the mid range seems good.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :rollin :rollin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts