Benelli Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
It's a tough time. But I feel not enough is done by most employers to ensure that enough time is taken for bereavement leave.

ive seen the effect that pressure to return to soon has had on people.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bereavement Shane, my thoughts go out to you and your family.
Sincerely, Dave.

Reactions: klinkerstinker

·
The Pennine Explorer
593 Posts
Please accept my condolences,i lost my mother to cancer in 2013 and i still think about her every single day,its the hardest thing ive ever had to deal with.In my experience,despite peoples best intentions,no one could say or do anything to help ease my pain,i just really wanted to be alone and away from everything and try and get my head together,you never get over it,you kind of learn to deal with it.

Regards Boggsy

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

Extremely kind comments.

Boggs, I know where you're coming from mate.

Dads been gone 2 weeks Monday. Funeral is on Monday 20th. I'm not going to the chapel of rest this week. Can't face it all over again.
Plots been organised as is funeral and the finger buffet reception. I've made a compilation of 60's music for it. He had a wurlitzer so enjoyed a tune or two.

As a good mate said to me...Death is a part of living.

My Son did this while my dad was ill. Track day hire, cost me £5000 but I didn't care. I just was sooo glad he was just bruised and upset.
My dad had a quiet word with my son while he was on his bed before he passed away. Think that chat did the trick in slowing him down. It was something I didn't need at that time. I was feeling pretty fragile at best.
He was very sorry to have put me through this but shit happens and I'm just glad he's okay.

He was lucky.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hope all went well today klink, deepest condolences. Went through the same with my dad four years ago . Terrible disease . You never stop missing them but time does make it easier xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts