Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wanted to let you know i've just sorted a deal with KJM & i'm trading in my TRE & getting a K7 Gsxr750. I just wanted to let everyone know what a fantastic service i received from KJM after getting my bike back from Red Dog-Conking out, locking the back wheel up, air locks in rad etc etc etc etc. KJM picked my bike up-250miles, re-done all my shims, changed panel parts under warranty and then gave me a good deal on a part ex. I'ts been a bloody hard year for me & alot of expense and as i have no other local dealer to look after my bike i've called it quits. At least i can go abroad and not worry if i'm going to get home !!
So if anyone wants a 05 tre with a brand new engine, new lower fairings, new clock internals, RS valves, one off R&G crash bungs etc, i'ts now at KJM...

Gary:beat:

·
Super Moderator
7,779 Posts
Sorry to hear that you've decided to call it a day Gary.

Hope you have better luck with your Gixer and it doesn't stop you from visiting the forum every now and again to see how we are all getting on.

All the best mate.

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Gazza,

All the very best mate and make sure that you do drop by to let us all know how you're getting on (and post pics of the bike too;)). The 750 is a stunning piece of kit (I believe that they're quiet hard to get a hold of these days) and I'm sure that you'll have an absolute blast on it mate. You might just have to get it painted green and then let it conk out on you a couple of times before you really feel at home on her.
Don't be a stranger buddy.

Al:bow::bawl:

Pssst, where did you get the crash bungs from Gazza as R&G state that they don't do them for the Tre!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
All the best Gary - with your new bike, I gotta admit I was tempted during the summer when mine was back in the dealers to sell it and get a gixer 750 - but when I went and picked her back up - then I just had to keep her :D

I too would like to know - where did you get the bungs from (and do you have to cut away at the fairing?)

Kurt P

·
Administrator
972 Posts
Sorry to see yer go mate. :bawl: You'll like the gixxer sevenfiddy, but I suspect you're going to come back to the fold sometime. Once you've experienced being 'different' it's going to be really hard to break out.

Do come by from time to time. We've enjoyed your posts and you're always welcome here. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gary, I am a perfect example of that there's no shame in lurking around this forum as an ex-tre owner. Best of luck with the '07 gixxer. I was just sitting on one the other day... I think you made the right choice!

·
5,963 Posts
Hey Gary. Sad to see you're leaving the fold.
(Guess I'll have to strike you off the list for the Clock Resetting Fixit board.)

Cheers, and come back soon.

·
903 Posts
Buy, Buy

:p

Gary, I go with the rest of the forum in saying that I sorry to hear you off!:bawl:

If I were to but a jap bike it would have to be the Gixer 750 as it is a spanking bike.:spank: Paint it green and silver thought!:rolling:

Good luck with your new purchase and pop up on the forum from time to time!

PS Title should say Bye, Bye!:doh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all

;) Thanxs for all the support, i will continue to view the forum and hopefully be one that sits back for a change hearing of others with problems rather than it being me....( not that i would wish anyone to go through what i have!)

Message to Kurt & Al, i bought the RS crash bungs from R&G, and had the bars & mounts machined up locally at an engineering firm to fit. You have to take the 'A' frame mount off the bike from the bottom yoke to top engine & get it machined flat on the rough cast side & have the thread drilled out. I also got extra parts from R&G to design it. But you do have to drill holes in the fairing lowers to fit. Was quiet a bit of work but i did think it worth it at the time, i can send pics of work done if your really interested, but If you call KJM they might do you a deal as they have changed the lowers under warranty due to the normal flaky prob and might take the bungs off & put it back to standard !!

Gazza

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Gary, pop in and see me at the factory when your doing the rounds, see you on the road sometime. :)
vtxbrit(terry)

·
Senior Post Whore
2,931 Posts
Gazza,

Have you picked the 750 up yet mate? I'm dying to know what you think of it in comparison to the Nelli. I'm sure we're all glad to hear that your not really leaving us for good and that you'll pop by once in a while. Remember matey, get those pics in here as soon as you can:bow:

Al:bawl:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New Toy !

Hi AL,
No not got it yet, i'ts getting delivered for the 1st march.
Its the first time i've bought a new one so running around like a dog with 2 d---s at the moment ! I will get pics posted when i pick her up !:D

Gazza

1 - 12 of 12 Posts