Benelli Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a very minor issue, but has anyone else questioned the recommended tire pressures? 38 psi front and 32 psi rear seem reversed in my experience with sportbikes having the same tire sizes. My gut says about 30 front and 35 rear might be more appropriate for normal street riding.

Thank you for any insight you might be able to relate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tyre Pressures

Although the Owners Manual states 36 PSI for the front and 32 PSI for the rear, the Workshop Manual lists 36 PSI for both the front and rear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tyre pressures

Hi Guy's, from my experience, tyre pressures are different depending on the tyres used; for example, a rear Pirelli Super Corsa that has a very soft & flexible side wall, I would run 32 psi but a stiff carcass like a Dunlop I would run 27 psi. Now this is for solo riding and up in the windies where traction is the most important consideration.

All bikes these day run more pressure in the front tyre as it has precise steering duties, where with the rear tyre, with a lower pressure will give a larger foot-print for better traction but also some carcass distortion to better follow surface irregularities.

I think it is more important than other bikes to run higher pressures in the front tyre due the heavy front weight bias of the Tornado (radiator under the seat, engine further forward).

I think as a general rule for most tyres with solo riders, I would go with 31 psi front and 29 psi rear. With a pillion; 34 psi in the rear.

This is only my own personal advice, I have raced and worked in the motorcycle industry for 30 years, I hope I know what I'm doing by now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dunlop site

And like that is accurate; it quotes the the rear rim for the '03 Tornado as a 5.5 x 17.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tyre pressures

I have looked into the dunlop tyre pressure book and it says 36 psi front and 36 psi rear for my 02 LE on 207 RR's

What experiences have u guys had on the pressures?

When these original fitment 207rr's have worn out i'm gonna fit pirelli diablo's

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts