Benelli Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm really interested in purchasing a Cafe Racer but need to know it's good and bad points, especially servicing costs and availability of spare parts. Is there any good sites to buy aftermarket stuff, Carbon and exhausts etc?

If anyone has got one and can give me some pointers that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi I live in the Uk in the county of Norfolk, I'm in the process of selling my Ducati Monster 696 and I am really interested in the Cafe Racer for my next bike, have you experienced the bike? Is it anything like the 1050 Triumph Speed Triple?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
I have a cafe racer with 8000 miles on it. I have not had any problems with it, and have not looked back. I would buy one again if I did not have one.
There are a few after market pipes as well as loads of carbon goodies.
The CR already comes with a few bits of carbon.

Paul

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Is it anything like aspeed triple?
A friend that I ride with has one and my cr out handles and is quicker than it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Paul for your comments, I have read about problems with the alternater on this forum or is this something that has been resolved?

Regarding the carbon bits and exhausts have you got any website addresses that I could visit?

Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I know I should be evangelising Benelli but ...... back slowly away, don't make eye contact :beat:

:soapbox: See my other post and you will understand why I say this.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ditto old mate

An ex benelli salesman told me: When they go, the go like shit off a shovel, and nothing can catch them for full range torque and power, but.. you gotta get one that goes. ha ha

This is what i heard today from my jap mates:
The best looking bike we have ever seen the cafe racer, but we are sick as f*ck, leaving you here and going to get the trailer again.

After a flat battery ( dropped cell) and the timing wheel unscrewing ( to much grappa at smoko, in the engine plant). I went an bought a trailer.

if you want a bike to look at only, Buy the benelli, if you want a bike to ride without paranoia of external / internal disintigeration, go the Japanese bike.

i would say, just hold on a little bit, maybee they will sort themselves out in a few years.

The choice is yours, ( pssssst 1198..)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An ex benelli salesman told me: When they go, the go like shit off a shovel, and nothing can catch them for full range torque and power, but.. you gotta get one that goes. ha ha

This is what i heard today from my jap mates:
The best looking bike we have ever seen the cafe racer, but we are sick as f*ck, leaving you here and going to get the trailer again.

After a flat battery ( dropped cell) and the timing wheel unscrewing ( to much grappa at smoko, in the engine plant). I went an bought a trailer.

if you want a bike to look at only, Buy the benelli, if you want a bike to ride without paranoia of external / internal disintigeration, go the Japanese bike.

i would say, just hold on a little bit, maybee they will sort themselves out in a few years.

The choice is yours, ( pssssst 1198..)
I have at present a 2008 Ducati Monster 696 with 900 miles on the clock and so far the O ring has gone in the cam cover and the front cylinder paint has lifted off the cover and the paint on the cylinder head has come off, the dealer is brilliant and is doing the work under warranty - to cure the paint problem they are going to have to fit a new cylinder head! On the way home from the dealer the digital display has now good condensation behind it! Just wondering what state the bike is going to be in after the 24 month's warranty runs out? I think if you want something less boring than jap bikes I think you have to put up with these problems. It sounds in your unfortunate case that the dealership was run by a bunch of cowboys who couldn't care less. I am going to have a go on a TNT model soon and see how I get on, least if the cafe racer breaks it still is worth looking at in the garage!!

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Regarding the carbon bits and exhausts have you got any website addresses that I could visit?

Thanks
Here you go.Carbon Bits for TNT's their prices are reasonable.
As for Benelli service you have got the best dealer in the world for backup. Australia had their problems due to the importer.
have not ridden for three weeks due to moving and then a spot of wet weather. Got out today and had a shitty arsed grin on my face with the torque and sound .:D It's like I just rode it for the first tme.

Paul

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am going to have a go on a TNT model soon and see how I get on, least if the cafe racer breaks it still is worth looking at in the garage!!
If you want one to look at, there are plenty down here going cheap.
( mind you, only to look at ) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here you go.Carbon Bits for TNT's their prices are reasonable.
As for Benelli service you have got the best dealer in the world for backup. Australia had their problems due to the importer.
have not ridden for three weeks due to moving and then a spot of wet weather. Got out today and had a shitty arsed grin on my face with the torque and sound .:D It's like I just rode it for the first tme.

Paul
Hi paul

Thanks for that, the website is excellent could get really carried away and broke visiting that to often! - have you got any of their products ? The carbon radiater bits look nice as I have heard the plastics on the Cafe Racer aren't very good?

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
I have not purchased any but I believe Joe (jlsb8) has purchased some. He was not happy with the center strip that goes over the middle of the fuel tank.

He might even sell what he has.
As per the plastics I don't know of, or am aware of any problems.

Paul

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't believe all the nay-sayers.
The reports of people with 2007's experiencing problems have been minimal from what I've seen.
The 07's suck in the fact that they burn fuel like it's going out of style, but I think that's common across all years.
I got an AFR Tuner and WideBand 02 on my bike, but haven't had a chance to run it since getting the O2 bung welded on, so I'm waiting to get back to TN (I'm out of town for the month) so I can tune it and test it. I'm hoping this will resolve the "running rich" problem.
I also have pod filters on my bike (some said it cannot be done.. they were wrong)... a Tre Rear shock, and I gutted the exhaust. The bike pulls hard and runs smooth. It's very comfortable, handles great, and is pretty quick.
My riding experience comes from the following bikes -
2002 - HD 883
2000 - TL1000R
1997 - TL1000S
2000 - Sprint RS
2007 - Aprilia RSV1000R
2005 - MV Agusta F4-1000S
2007 - Benelli Cafe Racer.
I have owned some of the best bikes made and I prefer the Cafe Racer over all of them.. I rode it once.. ONE TIME before deciding I had to rid myself of the MV Agusta and become an owner of the Cafe Racer... It is a great bike and has given me no problems in the 3500 miles I've ridden it since I bought it in July.

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
Hey Mightmouse where you bin. Have you got rid of the MV at last.

Let us know how the motty goes. Try and get the bike on a Dyno. Would have beeen nice to see before and after dyno runs.
Did you remove thecomplete original airbox?

Paul

·
5,934 Posts
I got an AFR Tuner and WideBand 02 on my bike, but haven't had a chance to run it since getting the O2 bung welded on, so I'm waiting to get back to TN (I'm out of town for the month) so I can tune it and test it. I'm hoping this will resolve the "running rich" problem.
It definitely solved mine.
The AT can handle 2 maps now - just need a switch to the digital i/p. I haven't set this up yet, but will do soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts