Benelli Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. New here. 1st post.
Been drooling over a cafe racer for ages.
There is a reasonably priced one in Australia.
It has 62,000 KMs on it. 2008.
This has me in 2 minds.
A. It's a Benelli and probably a good one (or any problems have been fixed by now). 馃槅
B. It's too high KMs. Spend more on a low km one.

What do those in the know think?
I am probably leaning towards it'll prob do 100,000 KMs + if it's been looked after, like most bikes.

What specific Benelli things should I look for when I inspect it?

Or I'm going an 04 Cagiva Raptor 1000 for now.

Cheers. Mark.

Registered
Hi Mark,

assuming you don't have another bike yet, what is preventing you to buy both?

The racer is best for good weather condition and the Cagiva ideal for all other occasions

Best Regards
Michael

owner of a currently damaged Tornado Tre 900 and a BMW1100S

Registered
I had a vraptor 1000 before this one and it was the bike I owned the longest, nice torquey engine but poor suspension and my back couldn鈥檛 take it any longer( oh I miss that engine ). Now the sound of the Benelli is something else and it鈥檚 a bit of an animal on many levels.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mark,

assuming you don't have another bike yet, what is preventing you to buy both?

The racer is best for good weather condition and the Cagiva ideal for all other occasions

Best Regards
Michael

owner of a currently damaged Tornado Tre 900 and a BMW1100S
Thanks Michael. Money, room and time. I also have a GSXR 600 race bike and a project car. One road bike is enough, and all I really want. It'll be a fair weather bike anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a vraptor 1000 before this one and it was the bike I owned the longest, nice torquey engine but poor suspension and my back couldn鈥檛 take it any longer( oh I miss that engine ). Now the sound of the Benelli is something else and it鈥檚 a bit of an animal on many levels.
Yes the TL motor is a beast. I always upgrade suspension anyway if needed. I intended to do that if I got the Cagiva. It was just the suspension not riding position that gave you grief?
I guess that is my one reservation on the Benelli. I currently have a GSXR 1000 which I'm selling as I have poor wrist control 馃槣. I also have never owned a big v twin and at 53 want to before I get too old.
Cheers for reply.

Registered
I found the cagiva wasn鈥檛 nice in stop start traffic, it was a bit twitchy on low throttle. Seating position for me was ok, it was the very crude forks mainly. The Extra Raptor is a better bet. The Benelli (Tre k) is also not good in stop start traffic but lovely when on the open road and also quite crude on the suspension (the Cafe Racer could be different) the problem is it wants to be given the beans, and that means illegal speeds.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the cagiva wasn鈥檛 nice in stop start traffic, it was a bit twitchy on low throttle. Seating position for me was ok, it was the very crude forks mainly. The Extra Raptor is a better bet. The Benelli (Tre k) is also not good in stop start traffic but lovely when on the open road and also quite crude on the suspension (the Cafe Racer could be different) the problem is it wants to be given the beans, and that means illegal speeds.
Thanks again. I wonder what upgraded forks could be fitted or simply resprung and valved. I live in the country so there is no stop start.
Then price wise I'm probably better off going with the Benelli rather than upgrade the Cagiva. I'd need to fit a small fairing as well.
The beans...ha ha yes I'm familiar with beans.
Cheers mate.

Registered
Hi Machine..
If your after a more sedate ride to keep your license maybe look at a Honda SuperDream lol..
as for higher mile bikes they鈥檒l all last as long as you can afford to buy and fit spare parts :) .
My Tre K is on 43000 km now .
I intend to do a lot more with this one it鈥檚 a keeper !
Funny I don鈥檛 find mine bad at all in stop start traffic , maybe it鈥檚 the bar risers I fitted . But yes std suspension on the trek for me had to go , upgraded to Andreani up front and now Mupo at rear .

buy with your heart while you can 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Machine..
If your after a more sedate ride to keep your license maybe look at a Honda SuperDream lol..
as for higher mile bikes they鈥檒l all last as long as you can afford to buy and fit spare parts :) .
My Tre K is on 43000 km now .
I intend to do a lot more with this one it鈥檚 a keeper !
Funny I don鈥檛 find mine bad at all in stop start traffic , maybe it鈥檚 the bar risers I fitted . But yes std suspension on the trek for me had to go , upgraded to Andreani up front and now Mupo at rear .

buy with your heart while you can 馃槑
The superdream may save my last point ha ha

I'd expect the TNT to have pretty decent suspension. Maybe I'm wrong.

Registered
I have an 09 1130 cafe racer for the past 5 yrs, now with 14k miles on it. Never had any mechanical issues at all.
40k miles is certainly more than most benellis, but as you suggest, it would point to it being a goodun. If its got good history, proof of camchain replacement etc and the price is right the mileage wouldn't put me off.
They do handle very well if suspension is in good nick( fully adjustable forks are the same as on the 900 tornado rather than the more basic items on the std TNT. )
The rear shock can be a weak spot, just replaced mine with a hagon unit after the damping when awol .
Overall would thoroughly recommend the CR (no great surprise!)

Reactions: Rick67

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an 09 1130 cafe racer for the past 5 yrs, now with 14k miles on it. Never had any mechanical issues at all.
40k miles is certainly more than most benellis, but as you suggest, it would point to it being a goodun. If its got good history, proof of camchain replacement etc and the price is right the mileage wouldn't put me off.
They do handle very well if suspension is in good nick( fully adjustable forks are the same as on the 900 tornado rather than the more basic items on the std TNT. )
The rear shock can be a weak spot, just replaced mine with a hagon unit after the damping when awol .
Overall would thoroughly recommend the CR (no great surprise!)
Yeah cheers mate.
It's well priced I think.
Cam chain good point. Also good to know about rear shock. What brand is the std one?
Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well been for sale for ages. Decide I'm going to buy it.
Bam. Sells. 馃槼馃槶
Looks like it's the Cagiva.
Anyone know where I can get a V raptor fairing? None in OZ.

Registered
Hey everyone. New here. 1st post.
Been drooling over a cafe racer for ages.
There is a reasonably priced one in Australia.
It has 62,000 KMs on it. 2008.
This has me in 2 minds.
A. It's a Benelli and probably a good one (or any problems have been fixed by now). 馃槅
B. It's too high KMs. Spend more on a low km one.

What do those in the know think?
I am probably leaning towards it'll prob do 100,000 KMs + if it's been looked after, like most bikes.

What specific Benelli things should I look for when I inspect it?

Or I'm going an 04 Cagiva Raptor 1000 for now.

Cheers. Mark.
make shore the battery cable issue is all set !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts