Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! - is it just me or are the light (low beam) on the 1130 absolutely horrible? - mine legit dont shine any light more than 3m.

Holding down the low beam isn't great either! - downright dangerous at night.

I have tried:
  • Adjustment screws
  • Higher capacity bulbs (regular)
  • LED headlights bulbs (currently on the bike)

Honestly I am thinking aux light is the only way to go....for reference I have a Honda Shadow with a single led and it does a way better job!

Any help on this matter?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi All! - is it just me or are the light (low beam) on the 1130 absolutely horrible? - mine legit dont shine any light more than 3m.

I have tried:
  • Adjustment screws

Honestly I am thinking aux light is the only way to go....for reference I have a Honda Shadow with a single led and it does a way better job!

Any help on this matter?
Take it down to your local mot test station, they will put the headlight test beam on your head light. It will show direction, height and alignment.

·
6,029 Posts
Don't bother with LEDs, unless you can find the seriously expensive high powered ones (and can find a way to fit them while still removing the heat - they'll need fan assistance).
HID is king at the moment. Heat generated is projected so you don't have to remove it. The actual light output of a true 55W HID is 4x that of a halogen. They work best in a projector, but reflector is ok if you get the right position. Go for yellowish colour (4300K) temperature - your eyes work best at night in that range (blue is terrible). You'll have to rewire the low beam to be permanently on, as the startup time of even the fastest is a second or two.
I put HIDs in my Tornado many years ago. Transformed the night riding experience. Did the same to my TR650, which made riding at night possible!

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have tried:
  • Adjustment screws

Any help on this matter?
I have a 2020 302s and its LED lights are also pathetic. I added some Denali D4 driving/spot lights which I have on all my bikes. These are great lights. Check them out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts