Benelli Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anyone know how much oil volume in each Front Fork Suspension of TNT 135.
Because i can't find it in the manual either form benneli.co.uk or from ssrmotorsports.com. (if there is another manual please kindly to share)
And i already ask mechanics from 2 nearest Benelli dealer and main dealer they didn't know exact volume/ recommended volume from factory.

they just give approximation based on japanese motorcycle which dominates market in my country.

and i did follow them and the result is my tire now had uneven wear on the right side, after i change my right front fork oil

So Please, if any of you guys could share the information about the front fork oil (volume & viscosity) is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hi my advice is to either replace with same volume you remove or leave an air gap of let’s say 160mm air gap from oil to top of tube with the suspension in its fully compressed/ bottomed out position .

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you were to change the oil I would definitely do both sides. If you do as Rick says and set 160mm air gap. Then you could try them and if necessary add or subtract oil as necessary, but they both should have the same volume and oil weight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi my advice is to either replace with same volume you remove or leave an air gap of let’s say 160mm air gap from oil to top of tube with the suspension in its fully compressed/ bottomed out position .
Yes, exactly. Actually i also had that in mind (to change both fork with same volume) as last resort to take.

@Rick67
is 1L enough for both suspension? previously i fill around 300-350 ml on my right fork, but i don't think i can see the oil surface from the top tube.
But i can't remember if that fully compressed/bottomed out or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you were to change the oil I would definitely do both sides. If you do as Rick says and set 160mm air gap. Then you could try them and if necessary add or subtract oil as necessary, but they both should have the same volume and oil weight.
@GBo
Yes, i think that is the correct way to do it.
Previously, i'm hesitate to change oil in the left fork because it was no problem and it will cause minor mark while opening/detaching.
But i don't have many options, do I 😁?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
If you get a piece of straight strip and fix a thin tube to it 160mm to the bottom in a sort of T shape you can overfill the tubes and suck out the excess. Use it as a gauge and removal tube. But if you don’t know what is in the left tube (weight(viscosity) or volume) then you must make it the same as the right tube! i agree it is best to start with factory setting, but if no one knows(surely it is documented somewhere).

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I would definitely change oil in both fork legs otherwise your suspension will be unbalanced and potentially dangerous! . By leaving an air gap of 160mm with legs compressed is a safe place to start as you don’t want hydraulic lock .
top tip make a few small wooden wedges to open up the fork clamps after the bolts are removed , legs will come out easy without marking them

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Just watched a YouTube video modification from the US on a tnt 135 .
220 to 225 cc of oil in each fork , he also changed to 50 weight gear oil to replace the std thin slop in them 😂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would definitely change oil in both fork legs otherwise your suspension will be unbalanced and potentially dangerous! . By leaving an air gap of 160mm with legs compressed is a safe place to start as you don’t want hydraulic lock .
top tip make a few small wooden wedges to open up the fork clamps after the bolts are removed , legs will come out easy without marking them
Damn right, previously i was using flat screwdriver instead of wooden/plastic wedge and that leave some marks.
Thanks for the advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.