Benelli Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was trying to repair some cosmetics from a stupid drop I had last season (the cantilevered bit which holds the pillion peg broke off at the pillion area) but I ended up not being able to crack one of the allen bolts after hurting my hands.

Anyway, in trying to take this off, I undid the brake mechanism. I was careful (or thought I was) putting it back on; and the rear brake activates satisfactorily, but when I depress the rear brake lever the light does not come on. The front brake lever does trigger the brake light.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not familiar with this model. Some have a weird linked brake setup. I assume not and hydraulic! So probably pulled the plug off the pressure switch or damaged a wire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not familiar with this model. Some have a weird linked brake setup. I assume not and hydraulic! So probably pulled the plug off the pressure switch or damaged a wire.
I think it's called the BN300 elsewhere? And I think related to the 250 or something that exists in a few other countries.

I'm unfortunately relatively new to riding. The brakes are definitely hydraulic but there's like a pin that presses into a housing to activate them off the lever. I'm getting brake application.
Worst comes to worst, I'll just take it to a shop to figure it out. Definitely want to stay safe.

·
Registered
679 Posts
On hydraulic systems there is usually what looks like a large bolt screwed into the end of the hose with 2 wires attached this is a pressure switch. Maybe looks like this

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea, I guess I'll have to get out a multimeter and check out the switch. Visual inspection seemed okay yesterday.

I appreciate it. Is there anyway I can try to manually activate the switch?

EDIT:

Yea,here's what the switch looks like. So you're spot on.

·
Registered
679 Posts
No if your brake is working ok then pressure is being created and it should work. If it has been disturbed then I would suspect wiring problems

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No if your brake is working ok then pressure is being created and it should work. If it has been disturbed then I would suspect wiring problems
Yea.Doesn't seem like there's air in the system. So I'll have to try a jumper or multimeter and go from there. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Jumper still engages the brakelight, which is what I expected. So something's up with the switch. I'll have to try to determine what. Hopefully when it's less wet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright, so, in trying to mess around with it I accidentally bumped one of the brake lines loose. Put them back on, but now even with a vacuum tool I can't get them to build pressure. Guess I'm taking it to a shop, heh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts