Benelli Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been facing with this intermittent issue of stuttering at lower RPM, especially when the bike hits 4-4.5K RPM. Past that the acceleration is perfect. Issue occurs on half throttle/steady throttle to acceleration, but does not occurring during full throttle or accelerating hard even from standstill position.
Very prominent when there is low fuel around 5-6 liters. Another thing I observed is that whenever I am waiting at a red light and the engine is idling, the acceleration is linear and pronounced as I get going after its green, the throttle is also responsive and snappy but after a while it again feels spongy/not as tight?
I have changed the Plugs, Air Filter, Battery(old one was dying) still the issue remains. (one of the spark plugs was corroded)
I am guessing its a fuel related issue? Fuel Filter/Pump/Injectors?

P.S - Not too long ago there was water in my fuel tank and one of the cylinders was not firing correctly. Although the acceleration problem was present before this scenario occurred.
P.P.S - Sometimes the issue fixes after I restart the motorcycle.

Would really appreciate help on this matter

Thanks!

·
6,010 Posts
Just a thought, but when I removed the injectors, one of the o-rings slipped off without me noticing. When I reinstalled it it ran fine, but then it backfired once as I was starting it and I started having issues at low revs not unlike what you are experiencing.
Worth a look.
I now coat the o-rings in silicone to make it easier to slip in and out of their respective cups.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Try cleaning/ adjusting the sidestand switch internals you never know it may help .
I had a very annoying engine problem that came in at 4to5k rpm that also went on a re start. Turned out be just a weak spring inside the switch.
Give it a try it's free and easy and may help .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.