Benelli Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If you already have too much air bypassing the throttle bodies then there would be no need to open the stepper. It’s a tricky relationship between stepper, throttle body opening, bypass screws, tickover setting in ecu.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you already have too much air bypassing the throttle bodies then there would be no need to open the stepper. It’s a tricky relationship between stepper, throttle body opening, bypass screws, tickover setting in ecu.
Ok GBo - The bike just wont start? What would you recommend I do next?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
go back to basics, does it sound like the pump is running? Any coughing or spitting when trying to start it? Any fuel smell from the exhaust? Pull the plugs are they wet ,black ,white or a nice light brown colour? Put a plug in a coil stick and earth it to the engine, does it spark? Have you had tuneecu on it, sometimes it can give you a clue is it registering tps position and rpm?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
go back to basics, does it sound like the pump is running? Any coughing or spitting when trying to start it? Any fuel smell from the exhaust? Pull the plugs are they wet ,black ,white or a nice light brown colour? Put a plug in a coil stick and earth it to the engine, does it spark? Have you had tuneecu on it, sometimes it can give you a clue is it registering tps position and rpm?
I will check for a spark today - I have ordered a new TPS btw. Tuneecu??? No idea what that is - forgive me my ignorence. I will google it though :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Tuneecu is software to allow you to look at and change settings in the ECU. It is inexpensive and works! you need either an Android tablet/phone or Windows laptop and the correct cable

21 - 25 of 25 Posts