Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today - was 7am so nice and cool, only 32'C. But managed to boil the fluid in the expansion chamber. Why is the overflow across the engine, I though I had wrecked it when I saw the fluid pouring out the bottom. Then the battery gave up, and woudnt start cos it was too hot as was almost 40'c. So left the bike and went and got help - the bike had a lift home on my motoX trailer.

Charged the new Battery supplied by Red Dog - put it in - and nothing. Cant work it out but the battery is either duff, or poor quality (or both) or been on the shelf too long.

Riding in Saudi is going to be a bit of a challenge I can see. You guys have it easy in the UK, at least there are nice friendy dealers. I am off to find a real Yuasa YTZ14 and see it that cures the starting/poor turning issues

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good luck to you, mate. But don't despair. I live in Greece where temperatures run over 40 C in the summer. it's true that the TNT doesn't like the heat but changing the battery for a new YUASA will make a difference. When I got my '06 CR I found that Benelli had gone stingy and replaced the YUASA they had as standard on previous models with an no name branded battery. I changed it and the turning power on the starter motor was much better.

·
Registered
73 Posts
battery stuff

Yo hope all well out there in tnt world... I got my tnt in january and after putting the datatool alarm i noticed that the bat was not man enough for the job so back to the shop and get the optimiser put on and now its the first time on the starter button.... mmmm thats better.. only thing is that i can't get rid of the lap timer... its driving me crazy.. oh well if thats the price of having soooo much fun so be it..
fatnfast

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello,

are you saying that you cannot switch between the different information screens on the display?

Just read the manual. When the engine is running hold the starter button for roughly 3 seconds and the lap timer moves to time and day km. Then press it for roughly 1 second. Now it is showing the full mileage and the day km. When you press the starter 2 times fast after each other you reset the day km counter.

It is hard to press the starter button once the engine is running - just do it.:clap:

Once you have accepted this you will also appreciate that you have to run the engine when you adjust your headlights setting. :doh:

Best regards

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts