Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I'm just newly registered and just bought a 2004 TNT,looking around on the forum it seems the TNT has a real problem supplying the startermotor with the required power to turn the engine over quickly.Many people have suggested bigger capacity batteries and heavier cables both of which I intend to do to my bike.I wondered though if anyone has tried to fit a seperate headlight switch to prevent wasting valuable current at the critical start up moment and also to give the battery a fighting chance to re-charge fully between start ups.I am thinking of rewiring my hazard switch(don't think they are neccessary) to switch the healamps on/off can anyone advise me if this sounds like a good or bad idea?
Thanks oh and the TNT is the best machine I have ever played on and I've had some great machines.:) and also can anyone recommend the powercommander for this bike?Just I'm thinking it could sort out a lot of TNT issues even though my bike has been faultless in the 3 weeks I've owned it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: TNT headlights always on

Does the Benelli have a three position headlamp switch on the right bar? On some bikes, if you check the wiring diagram, there is a headlight relay usually grouped with all the othere various relays (this is the one that is tied in with the ignition switch, so that when the ignition is engaged it causes the lights to automatically come on. Your manual may list differently) If you pull it you will override the automatic "lights on" circuit. Your fault light may come on for awhile, but on most bikes it will eventually go off after a few cycles. It causes no problems otherwise. By doing this you regain "full" use of the lights switch as the damn thing was intended, instead of mandated by assinine government laws!...:
No lights when running (great for evasive action!..or a track day) running lights, or headlamp. Worth looking in to.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

first....... the switch is 2 position full and dipped only so I don't think the relay idea is possible.
second......... I am running with a power commander,K&N air filter, and devil can (slip on) the pcIII has made a noticable difference at low rpm (1800rpm to 5500rpm) after that its whatever the injectors can deliver on the factory mapping
there is a fuel pump feature on the latest pcIII which I have tried enabled and disabled.......... enabled does definitely give more punch when accelerating hard, but mpg drops to about 90miles to the full tank.
still haven't got it dynoed will try to fit it in over the next 3 weeks :\
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hi vtx brit,can you tell me what map you are using for your power commander and do you know where to get more (I can only find 2 on the dynojet web site).My bike is currently standard other than a Mercury race can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Mrcury race can , never heard of them , any pics or links please.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

superturbomonkeypuncher, (jeeezz) to be honest I did the map myself on the trusty laptop, it's not perfect but it's definitely better than the standard map…….at last I have booked up to have it dyno’ed (Nov 9th) then I will see how near (or far out) my map is will post results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You must be a whizz with technology.Is it possible for you to send a copy of your map to me through e-mail?Or is that just not possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts