Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, new to site its great, after years of riding jap stuff blades, r1,gsxr s etc saw a yellow 04 tnt with 6k on the clock fell in love and bought it, first week oil leak, replaced battery ( 12 amps) now it starts, and chain guard fell off somewhere while out for a blast, dont care still love it, but i only get 20 mpg is this normal, and do these bikes have handbooks or just cd"s, regards chris:) :) :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Chris, welcome to the forums.

You need to find out what has been done to the bike and what hasn't. There are a number of mods and improvements which can be applied, especially to the 04's. For example in the way of cooling there is a kit which puts the fans on the outside of the radiators to improve the effectiveness of them. Also the latest 07 mapping is a vast improvement in fueling but I don't know if it's ok on an O4. Anyway, have a good look around the TNT section of the forum and you will find a number of threads discusssing all of your issues and how the address them.

ciao
Derek

·
Registered
4 Posts
20 mpg

Hi Big G here, i to have just bought an 04 TNT which has had all the mods the dealer told me but mine also returns about 20 mpg???? where can i find a benelli tuner to remapp it up here in manchester? does anybofdy know or do i have to venture south.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mpg

ride over the hill and get the bike on the computor(suffolk spellin)..........
rusty russ is yer man in barnsley...... you mite be able to get the 07 map on and it should give u a better mpg.... should b worth a few softs

·
Registered
41 Posts
mpg

i get 24mpg depending on usual run and 18mpg o my last track day<>?

I am getting my tp sensor checked and a check as itruns sooo rich.

My rucksack stinks after riding and soot blown out the exhaust.

Mike

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting.. I wish I had discovered this forum before buying mine. I have an '07 Cafe R and getting around 28mpg. I still suspect its running very rich so theres room for improvement.
On a related note, how much fuel is typically left in the tank when the fuel warning light comes on? I ask because I ran 20mile (32km) on the last 'dot' but when I filled up it only took 3.25gal (13litres). Suffice to say I thought I was going to run out but logically there should have been plenty left.

AJH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts