Benelli Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a better rear shock.
i have read that several shocks have failed on std tnts.
2 up the std shock is crap.it feels as if it is mainly the spring that is the problem as it bottoms out to easily.
but a nice fully adjustable unit would be nice.
where can i get one? ohlins dont seem to be interested.
zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Morning mate - not sure where you are but you could try Hagon shocks, they built me a set for the 1400 and I cannot fault the quality or service.

Hagons website

If you can give them your standard shock for comparisson etc I am sure they will be able to help you out - and add another to there ever growing list.

.GNOME.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear shock

I wonder if the Tornado RS shock will fit? I think it is a great multi adjustable unit and I don't think it costs very much either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rear shock

Wilbers makes a rear fully adjustable shock for the TnT, saw it on a german site

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have ordered a hagon rear shock for £255.00.i will let you all know how it works out.
zebo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just fitted the hagon shock,it appears to have transformed the bike.
when riding really hard the back end used to sit down much to much.it seems good now.the proper test will be with the girlfriend on the back.
zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

I'm very interested in the Hagon shock - any chance of some pictures? I've been going down the Ohlins route, but I've got to take the shock to them, they've got to measure it etc, then it's £500 minimum. Sorry if someone's asked before, but will the Tornado one fit?

Finally, has anyone got ideas for improving the front? my bike clunks on any kind of pothole front and back, where my Falco would soak it all up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi, I spoke to marzocchi last year concerning the front forks basically the standard TNT has no adjustment I wont go into the reasons why Benelli put superb forks on and then saved a couple of euros by excluding any adjustment. the TNT forks have the stiffest springs available fitted as standard I have manufactured a spacer 18mm long and fitted it inside the fork tops and changed the oil for a 15w this should increase the damping action and the spacer should reduce sag haven’t ridden the bike since the mod but it feels good when I pump them I will let you know after the first ride the only other way is to exchange the forks for fully adjustable like the sport/titanium....... (Expensive).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
forks

Strangely enough the Cafe Racer will fit the 43mm marzocchi off the tre ?

non adjustable forks on a premium bike is/was a massive oversight, I believe the 06 TnT still has them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: forks

Yes the sport is fully adjustable front and back............. the TNT (stnd) has adjustable rebound only on the back and as said no adjustment to the front. Also the TNT (stnd) has 50mm front forks, so to fit the 43mm adjustable models would mean fitting new triples, marzocchi did say to me last year that they were considering making a replacement cartridge kit for theTNT depending on demand.
I have looked into replacing with *********** forks as they now do a 50mm version but loads of money.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
zebo i use to race for many years with martin hagon,so after reading your post i phoned him this sat i am picking up a hagon rear shock and also new higher rated front fork springs which hagon does for the TNT so with an uprated oil (15w) replacing the standard 7w i think the front forks will also be perfect for my set up thanks.
vtxbrit.:rollin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely true hector, if you way 10 stone and are 5’-6” tall but for those that have expanded since there teens the standard set up is a problem, I am constantly bottoming out my front forks to the point that the seals are getting damaged I weigh 16 tons (sorry stones) and I’m 6’-2” tall and have done 8000miles on a standard set up which has handled very well but always with the suspension working right to the max,the final straw was last week (on my Honda which also suffers from excess suspension travel) when I caught my right foot on a cats eye resulting in 3 broken toes and a fracture and this was through sidi’s so I’m going to indulge.............. hey if I don’t spend it the wife will. >D
Vtxbrit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts