Benelli Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bawl: Just when I thought I had the best Bike on the planet BANG and a starter motor that now spins at about 6000RPM unfortunately without turning the engine.Closer inspection revealed the splined drive shaft that links the starter motor gear to the alternator has sheared off after only 2600 miles.Can anyone tell me of similar cases either on the TNT (mines an 04) or TRE and does anyone know if Benelli contribute towards this kind of damage?The damage around the snapped shaft is fairly extensive and I think I am looking at a full engine strip and rebuild quite sad on a bike with such low miles,why does it seem that the best bike on the planet is also the worst,some kind of Karma I think kind of a payback for having so much fun.I would appreciate any advice,help or comments on the matter pleeeeeease.:doh:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Bloke - Bad luck!
If you look back about 75 days you'll find BenelliDave had the same problem. The thread is called "TNT gone BANG!!!". Keep us posted on your progress coz I've got an 04 so its sounds like my alternator shaft failure is in the post. Not that its your fault but I assume you were riding it at the time, rather than just starting it?
Pike

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear you plight STP :(

What is a bit of a worry, is if something gives while travelling at speed and the engine or gearbox locks. Does make you shudder!

Hope it works out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic help from Bennelli UK and Bennetts

Well I've got my TNT back together now and have to say the help and support from Russell at Bennetts and Brian at Bennelli UK has been outstanding far better than I have experienced from and other brands I've encountered such as Honda,Yamaha KTM and Ducati.Great advice,great parts supply and very freindly.Maybe Benelli have more problems than other brands but they seem to be working much harder than the rest to resolve them and I'll certainly be buying another one for my next bike.:bow: :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts