Benelli Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TNT sprockets from B&C Express

I thought Benelli's sprocket prices were a bit steep, but nobody lists them. Spoke to Renthal, who put me on to B&C Express +44 (0)1522 791369. I sent in my part-worn originals, and they matched them, with a bit of grinding, to Renthal items. A pair worked out at £60 inc Vat. Can't remember the Benelli price, but I think it was closer to a ton - someone will correct me. The back one certainly looks better than the stock item. BTW, they couldn't do a 16 front, so went down to 15. Would have happily left it at standard gearing if available.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: TNT (& Tornado) sprockets from B&C Express

There's a few aftermarket sprocket manufacturers for Ducatis. I've got a couple from JT (Thailand) via the US for USD20 each.

A 15 tooth sprocket can be held in a lathe 3 jaw chuck (16 would need a 4 jaw). I used a tungsten tool and removed the excess boss in about 10 minutes.
Just need to knock up a lock washer and I'll fit it this weekend.

It's harder than the original, so should last longer.

I've documented it on my website

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fitted a new front and back sprocket a couple of months ago kept the front standard size (steel) and went up 3 teeth on the back ( 39t alloy) reddog supplied them for just under a £118-00 for the pair….. Pulls harder with the bigger rear sprocket and still good for over 155mph (on a private road of course) ;) I also put a new itzumi gold ‘o’ring chain on cost about £65-00 (reddog) I use wurth ceramic chain spray have done about 2500miles on them and no sign of wear......chain sprays seem to be a hot topic for debate at the moment................. in my opinion no oil spray/grease or wax will penetrate the ‘o’rings on a chain (assuming you use an ‘o’ring chain) therefore the grease they were packed with during manufacture is for life……… if anything can reduce the friction between the o rings and the chain plates spraying with a high temp low friction material like the ceramic spray must be the only answer?.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
520 chain & sprockets

Hey Guy's, I will have my 520 chain & sprocket selection for sale soon.

RK520XSO chain

For a Tornado I'd take the 15, 41~45
For the TnT I'd take the 16,37~40

The rears are all alloys, some grey, some gold, some never used, some used.

The fronts are 525 that have been ground down from 7mm wide (525) to 6mm wide (520).

How much am I bid for the 15~45 and the 16~40 sets?

Anybody?! :-(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 520 chain & sprockets

Forgive my ignorance but how much will my speedo over read or under read if i put a larger rear on?:eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hector, wont change at all because the sensor reads off the bolts that hold the rear disk on, the only thing that could put the speedo out would be changing the diameter of the actual rear wheel.............oh and an electrical fault..... but that wouldn't happen on a benelli would it :lol
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Hector - it won't. The pickup is on the rear wheel. The only thing that will change the accuracy of the speedo, is the wheel circumference.
(The standard profile makes it read 8% high)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts