Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to replace my bar ends i have a metal threaded rod inside the bar std - the new ones are lighter r&g - is this likely to be a problem>?

Thanks

mike

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Bar ends are fitted to help reduce vibration through the handlebars, (recognised as a cause of "white finger") :( twins and triples are especially good at vibrating. Personally I would not change them for aluminium or plastic, up to a point the heavier the bar end the better……. get the originals painted a different colour if its colour that’s the problem. :)
terry

·
5,934 Posts
That's what I thought too, Terry. Until one of them fell off my Tornado. It was then that I discovered they were plastic. Not much weight in that, so it's not going to reduce the vibration frequency at all.

Perhaps clipons don't suffer the same vibration problems as the TNT bars?

That said, I do get "white finger" every now and then. Alleviated by resting the right hand on the throttle grip, & stretching out the fingers. Maybe I should add some end weights?

·
I'm firing on three
611 Posts
Errol,
The bar ends on my TNT are definitely painted steel, as you say maybe clip-ons are different?
On my 05 TNT I made stainless bar ends for a bit of bling……. problem was the continuous temptation to want to bright polish them, and once you start down that slippery slope you can never stop, :doh: next thing you know your down the dealers looking at Harley fatboys ;) :D

on a serious note white finger is quite scary and can leave permanent damage to the hands, in extreme cases amputation has been required, having said that the extreme cases have been mainly as a result of vibrating tools (so tell the missus to be careful) :p
Terry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts