Benelli Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks,

A friend of mine with a tnt has the following problems.I have told him that youcan give him a reply based on experiance.I own a trek and some issues as descriped below are the same on my trek as well.Just to be sure that there are no variations from a tnt and trek i just reapet them to be on the safe site.

TNT 1130 2006-2007 with the old map.
The bike is equipped with HPE straight through racing slip on pipe.
The problem is as follows:
1. The fuel consumption is very high, unbeleivably high for a normal bike with a stright through exhaust
2. The emmisions are also very high (unburn fuel, black smoke is getting out from the exhuast when opening the throttle)
3. Air turbulance from the exhaust especially at medium to high speeds. The rider feels the hot air on his back and his clothes are stinking.

How can we overcome the above problems and what the new 2007 map will give to the bike in terms of power/emmisions/fuel consumption?

thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
The later 07 map eliminated the whole "black cloud" of unburned fuel on my 06 TnT. Obviously, carefully setup of the TPS, throttle body sync and C0 level is taken as read.

At least one owner I believe has had issues with the stepper motor assembly sticking which caused similar problems so it's worth checking too (page 65 in workshop manual).

I'm getting roughly 12k's per litre

I don't know about hot air but all the crap on the road ends up on the back of my helmet and jacket :doh:

Mike

·
keeft
70 Posts
Link seems to be busted, following the path to the TNT manual gives me:

Warning: main(configfw.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/filewind/public_html/media3/g.php on line 1

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'configfw.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/filewind/public_html/media3/g.php on line 1

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Link seems to be busted, following the path to the TNT manual gives me:

Warning: main(configfw.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/filewind/public_html/media3/g.php on line 1

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'configfw.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/filewind/public_html/media3/g.php on line 1

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Tried the link and all seems ok?
Opps Sorry, no it ain't.. Was looking at the Tornado file... :doh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everybody,

This a benellisimo forum.No reason to ask questions on behalf of my friend any more as his is now a member of this forum.Im sure he(marioslg)will inform
you for any results.

trekgs

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will check the stepper this afternoon and will let you know if this is the problem. Benelli UK told me also that we have to check the map with the Axone. Will check it out also. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts