Benelli Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Difficult to say as the reliability thing really spoiled the experience for me - I felt like a mug for buying it and it ruined my annual holiday.

Being objective though, if all the problems had been fixed and the quality of the materials was up to scratch I would have chosen the Benelli as I just loved the mental engine and the styling. But it wasn't - it was rubbish and left me stranded the first time I rode it. Also, the underseat exhaust made the work clothes in my rucksack smell of burnt hydrocarbons.

However, I adore my Tuono. It looks much better in the flesh than the pictures and I have 2 dealers within 10 miles. It handles like an RSV-R Mille with flat bars on...which is exactly what it is and the engine is brilliant. It's a brilliant laugh to ride and I defy any of you TNT owners not to like it - it's just like the TNT concept except it's well made and reliable.

Given the choice I would have gladly kept the Benelli but when it comes down to it the Aprilia works and I feel in no way that I've compromised. That's why the Aprilia is a better bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello paul nice to here from you lost your email when my 8 month old computer died (are dell made in italy...mmmmmm)
vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vtxbrit

Good to hear from you too. Looks like the board has a couple of new users.

Tell me, did you get your warranty claims/refund sorted out & are the dealers being any more helpful?

My email is [email protected]

Cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another bonus arrived this morning from Aprilia - 2 years extended warranty absolutely free. That means the bike is protected for a total of 4 years or 50k kms. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Hector, no not really - I've been using my old VFR while the weather's been crap. With the best will in the world italian alloy is no match for winter road salt! How's the TNT going, did you get your problems fixed under warranty & is it reliable now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive had the top yolk done but im still waiting for the battery box to arrive , the bike is running great and ive fitted r and g crash bungs in readiness for some track days this year, also there is adealer in Holland who seems to be able to get spares quite easily and is very helpfull.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hector

That's great, so did you manage to fix the hot starting problem or is the colder weather alleviating it ? Have the dealer network sorted themselves out yet or are you paying for your own parts & labour?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not starting

Just thought I'd jump in, mid thread :)

Have been testing the hot starting in winter temperatures. Took the bike out in 1C over new year and it still cuts out/ fails to restart. Recently I only made it 4 miles before it broke down. If it wasn't for a decent chap who stopped with some jump leads, I would still be there. So far, in 4 winter test rides it has broken down 4 times.......

Draw your own conclusions.

CSM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Not starting

My bike didnt have a hot starting problem , mine would cut out when idling but would allways re start, the problem is still there but not as bad as it used to be.As for parts and labour i took it to KJM who did the work under warranty with no charge and also did a 4500 mile service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts