Benelli Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what other tnt wiring loms are wrapped in, mine seems to be wrapped in an old type of coarse cloth tape like you used to get on british bikes, the reason im asking is that mine is coming apart and you can see the coloured wires underneath.|I

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hector, same problem the tape seems to be losing its adhesion and is starting to unravel, the tape looks like something from a 1950’s ford. Perhaps it’s something they had left over in the stores Grrrrr!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I first got my TNT I noticed something hanging down from the back end. Turned out to be insulation tape holding the wiring together. It had lost it's adhesive and come undone.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While were on the subject, has anybody had there heat shield fall off. its the foil blanket stuck under the rear undertray noticed mines missing, this I presume means there is no protection between the exhaust and plastic undertray?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has and now the storage box under the seat has a hole in it from the heat, kjm have ordered a new one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tnt

i had to stick my foil back on one corner.check the screws that hold the rad cowls are tight,one of mine fell out.
gave my tnt a good blast yesterday over into wales through usk to abergavenny,and then on our favourite twisty road towards hereford and back via glos.and guess what the best bit is that it only cut out once at a junction,and it started up straight away.the girlfriend and i are off to milan this week to the show,so i wanted to see how it would behave with a high speed blast.i tried my hardest to find something wrong but it behaved fine.it was reading 152 mph at one point and i could pull away well from my mates tuono factory.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tnt

Zebo, where about's are you based? Chepstow-Usk-Aber is my usual fun run on the TNT. I'm based in Yate, just north of bristol so skooting over the bridge to me motherland is always a blast. Sometimes go round the old stomping grounds ( the valleys ) but waiting for new tyre to be fitted. The last 1 got a nail in it whilst stopping at Raglan for a cuppa tea :)

Monkey

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tnt

high cs monkey-hell of a handle!
i live in calne in wilts,and have a garage in lyneham.
we are off to milan to see the new benellis wed.
speak to you when i get back.cheers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:)

Spoke to Paul at DMA at the weekend, he says he knows you, small world if you forget that we own TNT's and he's the Benelli dealer in the area :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bristol TNT

Hi - another TNT owner in the area. I live in bristol and also do the Chepstow, usk, abergavenny route. Next time we should go together. My No 07905 289810

ian:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tnt wiring

hi ian,
yes we will but can we wait until it stops raining!
it will probably be next year now.dont forget i want your screen please.we can keep in contact.my no. is 07718652369.
i am having my seats recovered in alcantara at the moment. thinking of fitting the grab handles off of a honda cbrf1000 for lou to hang onto.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: tnt wiring

Hi Zebo, whwre are you getting your seat covered? i want to do mine as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bike run

Cool, a few TNT owners in the same area. I agree, as soon as it starts to dry out in the new year, we should meet for a ride up through USK. Do you guys ever stop for lunch at the Chainbridge?

CSM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tnt

hi hector,
i have not used them before but i have heard good things about them.they are in my home town,calne in wiltshire.
i will let you know what job they make if you like.they are hm foam.tel no.01249 816686.speak to daniel.
zebo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bike run

csm,
i have only stopped there once.
usually we bomb down for a coffee at abergavenny,then a real blast up to newtown.we normally lunch at a carvery near the river there ead then come back one of several ways.we have stopped at a small cafe/library in talgarth before now which was very nice.
the 3 or 4 of us that ride out together every weekend also have a friend that lives in sennybridge so meet up with him sometimes. you will love it.
we all eat sleep and drink bikes.
i was out on my triumph st yesterday.
i wonder if the benelli electrics would stand heated grips?.
do any of you lot know the b4521 from abergavenny to the a49?.it is our favourite!.
zebo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts