Benelli Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a tnt since march 2005 done 3800 miles, have also found that it wont start when hot. the engine seems to "vapour lock" so i have to bump start it, i think the fuel mapping is well out noticed there is a shudder at about 30% throttle, also my clothing smells REALLY strongly of burnt exhaust gasses.engine does rattle but need to here another tnt to compare just put a new set of tyres on (mt 01's) love the ride but front forks are way to soft wish they had adjustment.any comments would be welcome.
safe riding vtxbrit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TNT not starting

We had a couple of TNT's here in Oz that would occasionally not start when hot, it appears to be improper crimping of the battery leads, since we tightened the crimping and soldered them, we haven't had the problem.

If you have the latest 'lean' tune in the ECU, the bike will hunt at around 4500 rpm on part throttle, it didn't worry me too much, at least it had better fuel consumption :) Yeh my backpack would smell of exhaust gases; if I put my hand behind my back when riding, I can feel warm air, from the exhaust I suppose? I wonder if all bikes with an underseat exhaust do that? It stands to reason.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: TNT not starting

Hi Johnny O, glad to be able to talk to another tnt owner.:D my map should be the latest one it makes the front lights turn on & off when on tick over? have been told that there is another map in Germany, that cures all! my dealer is looking into it, will look at the battery leads tonight and solder. what is the clutch problem i have to be aware of? i get about 85 miles before the fuel light comes on, then at 110 miles theres no bars left on the fuel gauge is that about right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TNT map

Not sure about fuel mileage, I only go on how often it feels like I am putting fuel in ;) The latest fuel map we are using here is TNT03AR.

TNT isn't having any clutch problems as far as I am aware.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tnt

Hi all, Ive had my tnt since March too and have done 2500 mls so it will be interesting to find out how vtxbrit gets on with different tyres, keep us posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tnt map

I had a similar cutting out problem although mine allways restarted immediatly , however it went back into the dealers last week and they put another tune in which seems to have cured the cutting out problem but now the bike doesnt seem as smooth on a steady throttle and seems a bit jerky on gentle acceleration, so its back to the dealer again next week.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tnt problems

Hi all, spoke to my dealer he said i have the 03AR map have checked the leads to and from the battery, starter motor & alternator all look good no sign of overheating or bad joints, but i am suprised how small the cables are. i am wondering if i'm getting voltage drop due to high resistance, will have to check loads and do some calcs. i also find the bike very jerky at around 3000 rpm (while riding through speed limited areas) when my tnt cuts out the engine temprature is high, as i try to restart it won't turn over (as if the battery is almost flat) if i try for more than 4 attemps the starter won't turn over at all then i have to run like mad and bump start (in 2nd gear) finally i live in Essex (45miles) from London where do you guys live.
ride safely, Vtxbrit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts