Benelli Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before you start wondering, i'm not talking about how you dress.

I am currently trying to replace my headlight and have a couple of new headlights and one used headlight sitting here in my office which were supplied new on UK bikes but they dip the wrong way!

How many of you gents have checked which way your light dips against the garage door or whatever? something to consider at MOT time as it will result in a failure.

I'm just surprised, as is also my dealer, as the latest one to arrive wrapped up and brand new from them removed from a brand new UK bike, low and behold - dips the wrong way :doh:

I would suggest it's worth checking the next time you fire the bike up :)
I might just be unlucky but I thought it best to warn others.

Erroll, if you are reading this, I have not forgotten about your headlight. It's sitting here for you, I have just been very busy. I will get it sorted out hopefully this week.

Neil

·
1,841 Posts
Neil,the headlamp is supposed to be adjustable for left or right, see page 102 and 103 in manual. You move a lever.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil,the headlamp is supposed to be adjustable for left or right, see page 102 and 103 in manual. You move a lever.
Hi Colin

This is where it becomes interesting. That's exactly what I thought but I have 3 headlighs here, none of which have a lever as detailed in pages 102/3. They are all fixed on RH Dip. Aargh!

·
5,933 Posts
Hey Col, there's no lever on any headlamp I've seen. The blind that sets the beam shape is screwed into place. The only way to move it is to unscrew it. Of course, you've got to remove the lense first :doh: Difficult (but not impossible).
Maybe the LE has the lever, but it was a good idea that didn't make it into production.

·
1,841 Posts
OH Well, thats another one in the Benelli Book of jokes,I mean manual !
My favorite is the method of balancing the throttle bodies, it tells you to carefully adjust the by pass screws until balanced, then it tells you to screw them all the way in !!!!:doh:
If necessary adjust the values through the by-pass screws (4).
Once balanced the body tighten the by-pass screws closing
the passages completely.
They probably mean seal the screws(they have some sealant from new), but it confused me for a while:confused:

·
1,231 Posts
Lights

Well I checked the one on my bike and the two spares and the only one that has a lever is the crack pipe that was in the guys hand who was writing about it. Al three of mine are leverless. I even checked to make sure they didn't redesign it and actually put it on the bike. Nope...all clean.

JR

·
5,933 Posts
OH Well, thats another one in the Benelli Book of jokes,I mean manual !
My favorite is the method of balancing the throttle bodies, it tells you to carefully adjust the by pass screws until balanced, then it tells you to screw them all the way in !!!!
My personal favorite is section 3.10 - Engine distribution. Gotta love that Goniometer. Great little device if you have an LE, but I spent ages pondering the perils and pitfalls of an adjustable inlet and exhaust opening angle, before I realised that it didn't apply to my engine :eek:

·
Cafe Racer member
676 Posts
My personal favorite is section 3.10 - Engine distribution. Gotta love that Goniometer. Great little device if you have an LE, but I spent ages pondering the perils and pitfalls of an adjustable inlet and exhaust opening angle, before I realised that it didn't apply to my engine :eek:
I think the TNT has the same procedure. Was looking at it today and thinking what a way just to reinstall the cams. But if the sprockets were slotted and you wanted to make sure on their exact timing then that's the way to do it.
Use the geronimo machine. Degree wheel for the rest of us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts