Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Say's it all really:(

The bike has started to make a huge rattling noise (the same problem that I had before I think) but this time it's much worse.

So much for me getting back on the road>: :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry to hear that mate, Hope you have better luck next time. I don't want to upset you, but i had a bloody good ride out testing my tom tom rider i just purchased for my french trip in 5 weeks time. Just hope i don't end up bringing it back the same way as yours !!
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want to upset you, but i had a bloody good ride out testing my tom tom rider i just purchased for my french trip in 5 weeks time.
I was kinda enjoying my day out too until the bike decided that it didn't want to play anymore:rolleyes

How was the tom tom Gary? I hear the roads in France are meant to be amazing but the police can be really strict:(

Stay on the black stuff buddy and don't forget to take lots of pics when you're away:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Al, I hope something good will come out of this bad experience... please keep us posted...
Will do buddy. I'll be giving KJM a call as soon as I finish work today:\

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to hear yet again your in the sh*t. KJM seem like the people to know when it comes to this sort of stuff. Im ordering my replacement bitas well but its over £300 and would have been free if the bike was just 8 months younger :(

Hope it all goes well and its good to see your still high spirited - Id be pretty slumped myself. What makes me laugh is when old blighty is cold and slippery the bike works fine yet as soon as the sun peers its head mine goes too!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh No !!!!

Hi Al,

You do seem to having your fair share of troubles at the moment.

I take it the noise was comming from the clutch. Is it there all the time or just when your changing gear?

Hopefully, KJM will have you back on the road again real soon.

Gary

Where are you planning to go to on your French trip?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called KJM when I got in from work today and explained what the problem was and received a call back from Brian about 15 mins ago:) I know that these guys will do their best to get me up and running again but I really feel sorry for them having to deal with us guys in the UK moaning at them for something Benelli should have fixed a long time ago:( I mentioned to Brian that I couldn't get angry at them (KJM) as I know it's not their fault but I wish I could get my hands on some of the Benelli fellas though:lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Oh No !!!!

It looks like it's the clutch basket that's gone although KJM won't be sure of that until they've seen the bike for themselves. The noise I'm pretty sure is coming from the clutch Laurence as it seems to go away whenever I brought the clutch in. I had noticed that a couple of days prior to this happening the the clutch seemed 'snappy' in my hands and this was happening regardless of which way I was going in the box. It was when I was downshifting though when everything went arse up. It's another lovely day out there and here's me without a bike>: :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Oh No !!!!

Yeah Al has with some of the other topics posted on here, personally I def think it was the clutch basket its all the same symptoms Saloe and me got and you only get a few hundred miles warning

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
noise

My guess is it has broken the generator drive gear on the back of the clutch basket, I guess we'll soon know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: noise

Just given KJM a call and it looks like the bike won't be ready until Thursday next week at the earliest:( I'll know for certain what's wrong with the bike then:\ Still, I have a shed load of gardening to do so I suppose the garden will look nice by this time next week:lol

Geez, I miss my bike|I

Al

Got a call from KJM today. Looks like the oil pump has went tits up:( To top it off I'll have to wait another 2 weeks for one to arrive and be fitted to the bike:(
Although I'm trying my hardest to put a brave face on this, I'm almost regretting buying this bike. To have a bike that looks and sounds as good as the Tornado and not be able to use it is heart breaking. However, after the oil pump has been removed and replaced then the bike should be toot sweet and ready to rock 'n' roll:D
Here's hoping huh?:b

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't give up yet mate.

Hi Al,

I know you have had your fair share of trouble in the short time you've had the bike but you won't regret it once you get it back and it's been fixed.

Keep your chin up!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Hey al, sorry you’re having so much trouble!!!!>: I don’t want to worry you but you mention that the oil pump has packed up (“gone tits up”)….. as you know this feeds oil under pressure all over the engine, if the engine has run with low or no oil pressure for any length of time the first thing to suffer will be the crankshaft assy (big ends and main bearings) then camshafts and finally pistons.
Although with low or no oil pressure you should have seen the warning light on the dash (if it works).
Sorry if I have misunderstood your post:eek: but I know that if my oil pump packed up I would want a new motor or at least a full rebuild
Keep us posted
Terry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Terry,
I asked the guys at KJM if the engine seemed okay as that is exactly what I was worried about. They have told me that they have taken a look at the engine and that I am very lucky not to have anything wrong with it:eek I was a little (if little is the right word to use) worried that the engine would be knackered, but I have complete trust in the blokes looking after my bike so I'm taking their word for it. However, if anything does go wrong with this bike that may require a rebuild or something to that degree then I think I would seriously consider being an ex Tornado owner and sticking to good ol' Suzuki's in the future:( In saying that though, I've just splashed out £2110 for my wheels so I hope to god that everything's going to be okay. Now that you mentioned the oil light Terry, I have to admit that I can't remember seeing it come on to be honest but I was concentrating more on the racket that was coming from the bike than what lights were showing on the dash:(

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Al, 4 things;
1) Has the bike got any warranty on it?:\
2) If so get it all guaranteed in writing even though kjm are great people.
3) With all its faults the engine is actually a very strong unit.:)
4) Don’t give up on us buddy we need you.;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

1) Has the bike got any warranty on it?:\
Yup!
2) If so get it all guaranteed in writing even though kjm are great people.
Will do buddy. I'll give them a call nearer the time when it comes to picking the bike up from them;)
3) With all its faults the engine is actually a very strong unit.:)
You don't know who glad I am to hear that. I was kinda panicking for a while there:eek:
4) Don’t give up on us buddy we need you.;)
That's beautiful man *sniff sniff* Just beautiful;)

Al8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

The holiday was Brill Al

I thought that I might see a few Benellis on the days that we were in Italy but didn't even see one. .......just millions of scooters.:\

I'll keep my eye open for your TRE on Saturday when I'm down at KJM picking up my new bike :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

I'll keep my eye open for your TRE on Saturday when I'm down at KJM picking up my new bike :D
I forgot that you were getting another bike mate .... you must be loaded:eek ;)
Some folk have all the luck|I

Al8)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts