Benelli Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new one to me.My top fairing on the right hand side.Where the screw mounts it to the frame by the side of the tank the paint was splitting.It has now cracked right across leaving the screw only holding the corner of the fairing in place.I have just put some silver duct tape across the top of it at the moment to cover it so it does not look so naff.At first i thought it was just the usual paint peeling off but it was cracking right through the plastic.My Tre is 30 months old and has done 6000 miles.Has anyone else had this problem.I dont suppose i will get a new top fairing under warranty.:( Zebo

·
mid life crisis merchant
897 Posts
Hi John, I had something similar on my nelli.
turns out someone had taken the fairings off and when they put em back on they had all the bolts in the wrong holes :doh: which caused a bit of strain on the top fairing in a couple of places, resulting in a crack which I got plastic welded and sprayed over.

I also noticed that where the top of the screen sits in the groove and meets the top of the fairing there was small cracks appearing ( probably stress cracks due to thrashing her) :rolleyes: .
The plastic of the top fairing is nowhere near as flexible as the bottom panels, no doubt for wind resistance but this was easily welded and sprayed.

Dunno if anyone else has had the problem with the screen I had, might be worth checking because if it goes right through and the broken piece is lost it'd be a bugger to get welded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts