Benelli Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive done 154mph ;gave my busa m8 a surprise before he shot off forgot to mention this was at brands hatch :) :clap:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ive done 154mph ;gave my busa m8 a surprise before he shot off forgot to mention this was at brands hatch :) :clap:
I've seen an indicated 156mph, on my standard RS - Sat upright and I'm
a tall boy...(Just over 6 4).

It didn't feel like there was a lot more to come?

My bike's red and isn't one of the very fast 'green and silver' models.

No doubt somebody has done 180mph, one-handed, whilst transporting a sofa bed - But that's biking for you! ;)

Magazines suggest all kinds of top speeds for the 'Tre' models...The lowest I've seen quoted is 144mph and highest: 172mph.

Interested to hear what others have to say...:eek:

Regards
Stephen R

·
Registered
105 Posts
Top Speeds

I saw 158 indicated on my RS complete with mega can/bits removed to save weight etc etc-reckon it was about flat out-maybe a lighter jockey would see more???:ele: :ele:
Big Al saw 170 on the way to the offie one night (5mins to closing time...5 mins to no more Jack daniels)-or this could be an urban legend:rolling:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i think 160 mph is probablly the lot with some differences with gearin map etc would like to see a rs and a tre head to head would not expect much difference. I did hear the yellow rs's were really slow :)

G

·
I got all excited when i saw 257 on mine WITHOUT the use of that age old sofa on the back to provide slip stream trick. (we 've all done it)
It was in kph tho.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I got all excited when i saw 257 on mine WITHOUT the use of that age old sofa on the back to provide slip stream trick. (we 've all done it)
It was in kph tho.
That's 160mph in old money. ;)

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Whilst based in Germany I used to pop to the Nurburgring fairly regularly. When I bought the Nelli and exported it, I went out for a play one evening and on returning back up to Rheindahlen along the Bundesautobahn 1, I pinned the throttle open on a long straight slight decline having a play with a big Merc, I seem to remember 270's, possibly the higher numbers, but can't be certain now (it was over 2 years ago). Unfortunately the next thing was the engine let go!

Good job it was new and under warranty!

·
Unofficial Factory Tester
166 Posts
Kmph to Miles

263 Kmph (163.42 Miles) was all I saw when I looked at the speedo, as I was hurtling down the straight, I think it had a bit more but I was running out of straight and was easing off to setup for the corner.

This was a 2003 Tre engine on a FAAAASSSSSSSSSSSST Green and Silver Tre.

Haven't tried to emulate this on the 2005 RS engine that now resides in the Green and Silver bike:D

·
Member - Avatar by MDIB
199 Posts
My bike's red and isn't one of the very fast 'green and silver' models.
Now stop it. Everyone knows red is fastest, you guys cant change one hundred years of tradtition in motor sport just because Benelli didnt make enough red ones for everyone

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always associate the colour red with stop or slow.....................................but green means............Go !!!! :rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
On a (Ahem) private road / airfield I saw just over 165 on the clocks, but slowed down cos of other bikes around doing the same - think it would have gone to over 170/175 mark

·
Registered
137 Posts
On a (Ahem) private road / airfield I saw just over 165 on the clocks, but slowed down cos of other bikes around doing the same - think it would have gone to over 170/175 mark
Kurt,
You wait until I tell 'Bennetts'....

Sounds to me like black and silver might be the fastest colour?!! :rolleyes:

Stephen R

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I wish to reinforce the fact that it was a private strip and I must confess that I was going slightly downhill at the time (not with the wind behind me though !!)

Ps- I have never insured with Bennetts though - quite funny how I got to be the front rider !!
My mate who I took with me (he is the one with the rizla rep gsxR600 that you see on the mountain clips) he was pi$$ed at me cos he insures with them and he wanted to be the front man !!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Kurt, (latin name: Kurtus Rapidus)

I hope your mate realised that his 'Gixxer' ,whilst a great bike - Doesn't have the star quality that comes as standard with a 'Nelli'.

Sounds like you were travelling at a 'fair old lick' and maintaining our street cred!
:bow:

Regards
Stephen R

·
Registered
404 Posts
Speed what's speed

couple of quick bits

max in 5th gear hitting the rev limiters down hanger striaght at brands
shame the Speedo was taped over

by the way Red RS, bog standard, I think

·
Waiting for the AA
54 Posts
indicated 159mph couldn't quite hit the 160 mark due to a couple of cars in the way. Garmin quest showed 144. Bike has done less than 200 miles though, so hoping it will loosen up over time

1 - 20 of 26 Posts