Benelli Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While battering around the Highlands, unbeknown to me, the tankbag was doing a good job of removing paint from the top yoke. I need to remove it to paint or polish it, but is removal a straightforward job, guys, or are the forks and front wheel going to drop out onto the garage floor when I remove the last pinch bolt?:doh:
It looks as though the large centre nut, presumably a sleeve nut, needs a large Torques ( that ain't spelt right, is it?;) ) bit to undo it; then disconnect the steering damper, 2 fork pinch bolts then a tap with a rubber mallet should have it off - shouldn't it?:confused:
I thought I would consult with the font of all Benelli knowledge - you guys:bow: - before wielding said hammer.

Cheers:D

Ian

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Should be relatively easy to remove as youve stated. As long as you dont move the bike around, it wont cause any misalignment. The top nut is not a TORX drive, I think its an allen key, just with extra flats on. Dont forget to remove the damper bolt, will be doing mine soon, got a bit carried away polishing a scratch and rubbed the paint off. Should look good polished, Steve.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
P.S you'll need to be super careful with that central nut it could be easily damaged, there might be a special tool for it.

·
Super Moderator
7,774 Posts
Have a look at this post Ian with regard to obtaining a tool to remove the centre fixing

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks, guys -top tips, as usual, and Laurence, you must have a memory like an elephant to remember all these threads! Perfect:clap:

A quick root around the garage has turned up a length of 16mm hex bar - now then, where did I put the hacksaw?:confused: :D

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
19 Posts
Old thread but will answer if somebody is looking this top yokes center nut can be removed with special tool à 70€ or with normal m16 hex key.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts