Benelli Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to bench test the coils on my 1972 650S, does anyone know the primary and secondary resistance values please? The bike wont tick over off the choke and so I've stripped and cleaned the carbs but before I put the tank back on I thought that I would test the coils as well given that the carbs didn't appear to have any blockages .

·
Registered
779 Posts
I'm looking to bench test the coils on my 1972 650S, does anyone know the primary and secondary resistance values please? The bike wont tick over off the choke and so I've stripped and cleaned the carbs but before I put the tank back on I thought that I would test the coils as well given that the carbs didn't appear to have any blockages .
I had similar problem with my 354 stripped carbs twice checked spark etc. Timing was out,
It was firing after tdc !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Teeny, I'm looking for what the actual values should be for the 650 Tornado specifically, I've got one at 3.7 ohms and the other at 3.6 on primary and secondary reads 6,400 on one and 5,990 on the other respectively, my problem is that I don't how how significant that either is or isn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts